Fuel Pump Issues

Simon Parish

Well I fited a new fuel pump yesterday and having similar issues to what i had with the old fuel pump.

When you open the throttle to mor than half the car pitches and the engie splutters as though it is not getting enough fuel. If you lift off and then put your foot back down it goes again for a little while but then the problem comes back. I have fitted a new fuel filter before the pump as well. I have also noticed that the fuel pipe goes to a thinner pipe after the fuel pump to just before the second fuel filter prior to the carb, could this cause it?

Anyone got any ideas????

If you suspected the old fuel pump was the cause of your problem, changed it and the problem has not been cured then your original diagnosis was incorrect. It could still be fuel related or for that matter anything else.

Start from the basics and test until you get some evidence that a part or system is functioning below spec or is wrongly adjusted.

Nigel

Hi CMA

Its got standard weber carb, Facet fuel pump no fuel pressure reg, new fuel filters before pump and carb (not the one the cames with the Facet pump)

I'm at a loss, the only thing That I can think it is is the narrow diameter fuel pipe where it runs through the transmission tunnel.

Dont want to spend too much time messing with the carb as I have some zx9r carbs coming next week, but I do want to have this issue sorted, or at least know its the carb at fault before fitting the bike carbs

Starting to think i an jinxed!

So there is fuel coming to the carb and lots of it and seems to be a good pressure when I put my thumb over end (inline fuel pressure gauge on order) but the car is still popping and spluttering. I decided a new dizzy cap, rotor arm plugs and leads wouldn't go a miss. So off I go down to eurocarparts to pick up the bits, no problem. Get back and fit the bits between downpours, as I dont have a garage to work in. Now the car wont even start - there is a spark and the is fuel but it just wont play ball.

I know im not mechanically minded as most of you out there so I plead with you for any help you can offer me on the forum

Thanks in advance

Simon

Guest zerorace

the first is thing check the parts you have fitted are the same as removed rotor arms can very just slightly then check you have the leads back in the right order then get back to us

checked it all over several times now. All parts are the same as those removed plug gap set to 0.75. The firing order is set to 1342 as per the ford manual. I'm totally at a loss. have packed up for this evening as its to dark to work in the carpark of the flats :(