Fuel Lines

Guest danny_samb

Copper central heating microbore is fine

You must check if steel braided has fuel resistant rubber inside and IVA tester may want proof its fuel resistant, I did fit braided but it rotted in weeks so fitted rubber marked injection hose to the copper pipe

Guest Ian & Carole

Like Paul says be wary of the braided stuff, proper clips are a small fortune, and the braid don't half bite if you get hold of it wrong.

Good quality 8mm fuel pipe is as cheap as chips.

If you must go braided use PTFE-lined stuff. I always found the rubber stuff 'sweated' fuel odour through the pipe walls. You don't get this with the ptfe lined stuff, and it lasts forever.

But, as has been said, if you don't need abrasion resistance, fire resistance or protection from damage by flying debris then I wouldn't bother.

Guest evildave

Braided lines are fine for mechanical protection but if ran near or over anything hot like along an inlet manifold or near an exhaust they can transfer heat to the fuel, not alot admitted but i was once told to ditch braided lines by a knowledgeable guy.