What Other Injectors You Can Use

gncgray

Yeah performance.....I'm off to "U Pull it" at York tomorrow to have a wonder about the cars to see whats suitable.

My thinking is a high performance car with a high flow rate, ie Volvo T6. I know that have Bosch ones, just whether they fit.

If it's a standard Bosch injector then they all fit the same ("EV" type is it?), the only difference will be flow rates at a given pressure - and possibly spray patterns as a side effect of that. Put a bigger (ie. higher flow) injector in, without any other change whatsoever, and all you'll end up doing is squirting more fuel in and possibly loosing fuel atomisation if it's a REAL big change... how do you think that will improve matters? If you think it will perform better I tell you now, it won't ;)

If you just need new injectors then fair enough but any change of flow rate will need the ECU map altering and/or the fuel pressure regulator, so better to get the same ones that you've got at the moment. But if there's nothing wrong with them and they are supporting the fuel requirements of your current engine at no more than 80% duty cycle, then swapping them is a bit pointless.

edit: double post with CMA really :)

Guest alfaGTA

You've asked and got valid answers but.............

ST170 injectors or MK1 Focus RS turbo injectors "should" fit straight in and provide enough fodder for 250 ponies but you'll need alot more than injectors to get there.