Play In Rally Designs Forged Coupling

FERRINO

I'm sure I already know the answer to this - but would appreciate confirmation from all you experienced builders please.

Started putting my new steering arrangement together last night using a brand new Rally Designs Forged Coupling. Once it was all together there seemed an awful lot of play at the steering wheel.

Tracked it down to the new RD280F coupling. Please see attached video link:-

https://db.tt/DiRGLzPF

This is waaaaayyyyyy too much movement here for a brand new coupling right?? I'd just like peoples opinions before I go back to Rally Designs.

Cheers

Tony

As Bob said above. Plus this is a definite MOT failure; Florin had a minute amount of play; could barely see difference between road & steering wheel movement when presented for an un-official MOT last year (2 year old) but it got an "advisory" Only difference between yours & mine; mine was welded to the shaft & yours is pinch bolt & spline both ends.

Hi Tony....

no question.....there should be zero play in the joint itself.

Just call RD....Ive always found them very easy to deal with...but I'm

always there face to face....

Thanks Bob - much appreciated, I'll give them a bell tomorrow.

I've got a queston for them about the triangle steering column coupling I bought off them too which I'm having to use 2 nut/bolts to hold the retaining plate down with. The old one off the Sierra had one side loosely riveted to allow it to spin and pivot but the new RD one came with what looks like a rivet which is too short and just supplied loosely in the bag?

Cheers

Tony

As Bob said above. Plus this is a definite MOT failure; Florin had a minute amount of play; could barely see difference between road & steering wheel movement when presented for an un-official MOT last year (2 year old) but it got an "advisory" Only difference between yours & mine; mine was welded to the shaft & yours is pinch bolt & spline both ends.

Again, much appreciated Cheers! I guess this coupling slipped through quality control or something?