Good Day Out At The Dyno

speedtripledan

Alfagta roboross and myself went to the dyno today,

My stylus 2.0l zetec on 45 dcoe weber did 142bhp @ 6000rpm, mine was already good but needed a tweak due to choke size reduction now smooth as production car. (If you think webers are crap they aren't tuned properly)

Roboross needed his 1.6xflow and 40dcoe webers tuning as it drank 2 gallons in 20 miles on the way there after a few hrs it was putting out 104bhp and sounded great...

Then there was Alfagta his car was barely running when it was pulled off the trailer.

Again several hrs of playing and his 1.8zetec on bike carbs put out 120 bhp at about 5500rpm. His car has one problem 20140216_154137_zpstrac9f6u.jpg twas a bit loud

Guest RoborRoss

I was a dyno virgin. Needed a shower when I got home :-)

Think it was the best fun I've had with the kit so far. Now I've seen it getting hammered on the RR, I've a bit more confidence that it's a half decent engine.

Old school fun at dyno tune. Russ really knows his stuff. A bit of a shopping list of improvements, but not too bad, and then I'm off back there. Looks like the old mechanical fuel pump can't keep up..

Easy enough fix, I hope :-)

Guest alfaGTA

Bit loud is an understatement! New exhaust can on the shopping list and an oil catch tank.... can't keep using the dyno floor! Happy with a safe 120 at the wheels, more than enough to snake up the Industrial estate lanes

Guest mower man

Astraight power run with a little timing adjustment cost me £ 50 buta serious session look at £150 ,Russ is a great guy no bullcrap you wont go far wrong there mowerman :crazy: :clapping: