Cooling Problems

tractor

Have you got the water pump inlet connected to the top of the rad in the first pic? Should be at the bottom or its not going to get any water to pump.

Like he said bottem of rad goes to water pump

water rail goes to top of rad

The joys of water rails. The zetec pump sucks water back from the rad, pushes it through the block and out the back of the head. The bulb/waxstat must stick into this hot water and fresh hot water must reach it by establishing flow, either with a bypass hose draining the chamber it is in or as a last resort a hole through the stat allowing water to enter. I sold on my raceline rail unfitted because I didn't like the design.

Nigel

that's just a poor design, it looks like the stat goes in arse about face and the bulb isn't getting any hot water to it. The temp sender will suffer the same too.

If the bulb doesn't receive enough heat it can't open, hence the coolant not flowing.

Drilling holes may help, but you really need to bypass the stat to establish flow and heat to the bulb side of it.