Wee Bang

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

going to work this morning down the a51 slowed down behind 6 cars that had stopped at the ginger bread round about (market drayton) when i heard a slithering sound behind me, quick check in the rear view only to see an astra sliding into the rear of my mondeo, crunch , young girl said she had some thing in her eye and hadn't seen me stop, lucky i have a tow ball as that saved a lot of damage any way i was in need of a new rear bumper as the old one had a few cracks in it from the last owner lucky no one was heart at the time , but now my lower back is tweeking a bit

peter2b

Guest peter2b2002

just had a email telling me my mondeo is a right off seems a new rear bumper is worth more than the car repair@ £695 wish i was paid at the rate the repairers charge , going to keep it as a right off as i don't think a 3" hole in the bumper is going to effect the car that much

peter2b

Guest mower man

Lucky you are ok,

I hate that feeling - you can see the bang coming, and nothing to do but wait...

It,s even worse when its head on!!!! :crazy: mower man

In France last year (in the Hood) my mate in his JBA ran into the back of me when I stopped smartly at a red light.

I had a big plastic box on the back with all the camping gear in it.

It exploded

Everything shot across the road.....in the centre of a town....at 5pm....on a Friday.

His bumper locked against his front wheel....on full lock (trying to avoid me!)., so we couldnt move his car.

Complete chaos...& I cant fix the dent in the rear panel without replacing it completely.

But he did buy me a new plastic box....

I was following a Honda civic yesterday over a give way onto a small bridge over canal, there was a car coming other way so he reversed 12 ft into the front of mine,

2 scuffs and a small crease £300 and that's at local repairers, but cant be arsed with insurance, hes happy to pay .

Peter, if your not claiming injuries. just ask her to pay cost of getting second hand bumper for you, plus say 50 for time, you wont have to get it checked at test centre and she wont loose NCB

win win

Also note, when telling someone via text message that some gob*bleep*e reversed into you make sure it doesn't go to the gob*bleep*e that did !!!!! yes I did , luckly hes still paying lol :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Guest peter2b2002

I was told by Enterprise they had authorized repair & car hire by Autocraft - Telford, they will be in touch to pick my car and drop off the hire car that was on the 11th ,called Autocraft today to see when i could get my car back ( i had been advised by Incident Management Solution my car was a class C value £695 scrap value £165) only to be told they had no record of me or my car, called IMS only to be told it had been taken to a scrap yard :o claiming i had them authorized them to scrap it despite me emailing and phoning them to tell them i wanted to retain it at scrap value, I managed to get the scrap yard phone number from them after threatening them with legal action

good news the yard still has my car in 1 piece and will return it when the insurance company give the OK :)

I have made a formal complain to my insurance company (very helpful) who are going to sort things out including a possible loss of over £1000 as we have had to cancel a trip to take a steer to market (over 30 month rule) as we had to book him in and had to cancel

peter2b

Guest peter2b2002

cheers john yep i'm ok just p*ssed off with all the miss information that i've been gived about where my car is and the damage, today they have given the breakers the ok to give me my car back

petert2b

Good luck with it Peter. I know your pain at the moment with having to chase insurers etc as one of my cars recently been repaired by insurers and shouldn't have been done in the way it has, now got to get a report from manufacturer explaining why! Worst of all, the paint job is awful (orange peel so bad you can feel it) and the garage have said its meant to be like that!