Electronic Speedo

lockyer89

My speedo sensor (smiths) picks up the heads of the diff bolts as they pass it. It doesn't need magnets to work but some sensors do need to use magnets. You can buy an electronic speedo sensor adaptor for the type 9 from Burton Power for £15 but then need the Ford speedo sensor which they sell for £40. I had both but my new gearbox didn't have any speedo drive gear on the mainshaft so couldn't use them!!

The hall effect sensor doesn't need any magnets , it just needs to be close to a ferric object that will pass within a coupe of millimeters of the sensor.

Mine is mounted just above the diff flange and picks up the 'pulses' from the bolt heads that pass underneath the sensor. So 4 bolts heads = 4 pulses per revolution.

mines is a pain in the arse sensor. not heard of that type before I bet , picks up on the four bolts on the diff but sometimes the harder you go the sensor fails to pick all the time so you get a wonky speedo reading, pain in the arse to get into to fine adjust.

whiz