Jaguar S Type 3.0 V6 Manual

Guest Mark Stanley

Guest Mark Stanley

The bottom of the bell housing is also quite low on mine because I have used the jag box. I don't think lowering my engine is going to help me out in the long run.

Guest david_l_perry

Your photo looks very different to the hoop on mine as yours is welded to a cross member..... is the cross member that I can see in that photo the front or back ??

As Mitch says, perhaps this is the difference.....

The hoop on mine is not welded to anything at the front - I added the aluminium plate that you can see just to deflect crap from the original mega jolt sensor and timing wheel.

IMG_3287_zpseb082bcc.jpg

Guest david_l_perry

Yep, just looked over a few sliding pillar chassis photos and the front end and btm hoop is completely different than the 2B wishbone.....

Who would have thunk it.....I can relax a little more as mine is identical to Alex's 2B so fingers crossed I wont have fitment issues...does not help you any though :wacko:

Guest Mark Stanley

Engine Mount in photo is drivers side, right hand side of the photo is front of car. My 2b is different to yours. Once I get my photos up loaded I can show more. I am happy with my engine position so it looks like rasing the bonnet is my last option.

How much ground clearance will you have. Also how deep is your engine bay from the top chassis rail to the base ? Have RH made it any deeper if they have changed the chassis

Guest tom-zero

Could you make a bonnet scoop to allow for the extra engine hight ? I see Tony B done that when fitting his honda engine. Seems a good solution or would 60mm be a bit much for a scoop ?

Guest david_l_perry

Will take some dims later, but then its almost academic, it does not help your situation if mine is different ??

How about using the plenum chamber from the mondeo S200 ?

This Westfield owner did that to gain a little more room. I assume its a direct swap and does not cause problems (its a 2.5l not 3.0l....)

IMG_3250_zps0a22dbe6.jpg

Guest Mark Stanley

All I'm thinking is if I need to raise my side sheets 60mm , doing this might make my chassis depth the same as yours making my engine height correct in my car. I.e is your chassis 60mm deeper than mine to start with and that's why your engine fits. If this is the case at least I will know my car will still look in proportion to other RH if that makes sense. Also if chassis have changed over the years could your bonnet be taller? If so I could just buy a taller bonnet

Guest david_l_perry

Just measured mine where the engine mount is

External overall side Panel height 360mm

Height from top of engine bay to engine mount is approx 290mm

I have approx 100mm clearance between the btm hoop and floor, but then that's all subject to ride height being different between cars

The hood bonnet is formed over the scuttle tube where the dash is mounted so cant see how that could work lifting it up.....

You can see it here on mine at the back....

IMG_3243_zps1dbcfb98.jpg

I think your engine mounts must be a little different and perhaps the engine rubbers are deeper ??

I guess this could allow for the 60mm difference in height you are coming accross