Robin Hood Exmo Rear Shocks

Guest m3wood

Guest m3wood

Hi I have just bought a Robin Hood exmo that needs a fair bit of work and i was just wondering what shocks are used on the Robin Hood exmo as I have had them off and can't apear to find any identification on them at all and I could do with replacing them as the bushes have had it. I may be able to buy the bushes on there own but I would like to know what shocks they are ?

Hi welcome to the world of Exmo ownership,I have owned mine a year and love the car. The standard fitting on the rear shocks are Sierra saloon (estates are a different fit)., but quite a few have uprated to coil-over shocks to replace the standard rear springs.I run the standard set up and I am quite happy with the handling.

If they have a threaded cover and large hex nut adjusters they are probably Zimmerides

These were bike shocks with added spring platform

I swapped mine out for Gaz which meant drilling out the lower bolt holes for 12mm bolts, top mounts were pin top

Coil over shocks were an option with the kit.

The trouble was that the bushes were sized for a bike not a car and thus needed frequent repalcement mini rear shock bushes will fit but wont last.

It is better to repalce with Gaz which have bushes that last.

Guest m3wood

Cheers for the help guys. I'm a little short of cash at the momment to splash out on decent shocks. And I'm struggle ing to find the mini ones I need. Don't Spose anyone could be a hero and post a link to the bottom rear bushes that I need ?

Cheers

Matt

Guest mower man

Have you a freind with a lathe ? procure some poly and get some spun up most plastics suppliers should stock material , itmay be cheaper to buy mini ones but they don't last mowerman