Oil Pressure Release Valve

Guest mark little

Guest mark little

Hi all, usual on going problems, I've got an oil leak somewhere behind the fly wheel, is there a pressure release valve anywhere around here on the old mk 1/2 rs2000 engines? Any info greatly appreciated as always.

Cheers Mark

Guest mark little

The crankshaft oil seal has just been replaced along with the sump gasket by a mechanic so unless the seal was faulty I can't see it being that.

Cheers Mark

It's a Pinto, if there's no oil under it, there's no oil in it.

Even new sump gaskets leak if they're not fitted properly. If the seals and gaskets have recently been changed it might be worth nipping the bolts up a bit in case the gasket has settled.

was the gasket changed with the engine in situ or engine out? I've found it's very tricky to do it correctly with the engine in place, whereas with the engine out and upside down, it was straightforward enough.

Guest mower man

As above sump must be dropped to do the seal properly I once did 1 car wih out taking the sump down but would not do it again , the half moon seal on the seal hsg can be areal PIA when the engines on the bench never mind doing the job in situ if you have paid for this throw it back at him mower man PS by the way no pinto had a relief valve at the back of the engine ,its in the oil pump body

Edited by mower man

Guest mark little

Got to the bottom of the problem, it's the seal on the oil gallery, small amount of oil getting past ball bearing inside. Burton power have told us the best way to fix it, thanks for your help

Mark