Aa Breakdown No Longer Allows Kit Cars!

Guest Richard7

Guest Richard7

I have been with AA breakdown for 18 years and every year at renewal I have to ring them up to query the renewal price and I always check it covers both my production car and kit car. Every year in the past, it has been ok. But now they have stopped covering kit cars, trikes and scooters according to the lady at AA.

I cannot use Green Flag or RAC due to age of kit car.

This has got me thinking, how do the insurance companies that offer breakdown do it?

Anyone else had this issue?

HI All, we use "AUTO AID" they offer a policy from the recent renewal we just did for my Daughter who is in Swansea it was about £42.00. It covers her car or if she is in another Car it covers them too. My wife has a policy too it covers her and me so according to AUTO AID Wife and Husband or partner covered, they also stated that it covered her car which is new and gets free breakdown cover with the RAC but we kept the AUTO AID anyway it covers my 17 year old Mitsubishi my Motorcycle and my Kit Car. I did ask when we originally took out the Policy and they confirmed. If there is a drawback if you Breakdown or Fail to Start at Home you have to Phone them and obtain an Authorisation/Claim Reference. They then contact a Local Garage or Repairer who gets to you, YOU HAVE TO PAY THE GARAGE / REPAIRER who leave you with a Bill/Invoice that you submit to Auto Aid who within 2 - 3 weeks reimburse you the Full Amount backed up of course by your Authorisation/Claim Reference. We have used their service when Rosemary could not get her car started in the garage at home. All was very swift and convivial from No Start at home to paid out at home.

Hope this is useful to anyone we obtained originally from Martin Lewis website Martins Money Saving Tips. Have advise many others in our family.

Hope you get sorted try Googling Auto Aid.

Cheers

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all who read !

Steve and Rosemary

I have AA member cover which means they should cover me in whatever car I am in, whether it is mine or not. No reason they wouldn't cover the Zero on this basis. However I will check they policy carefully at renewal.

A-Plan offered me o policy when I renewed my insurance so might look at that if there are issues with the AA.