Fuel Pressure Reg

blue

Hi. I'm running the GBS plemum and asking how many of you run with the fuel reg connected on this plemum

I know most of you run emerald and I run webber alpha but my reg is connected and after connecting a vac gauge the vac in the intake is nearly off the scale at idle and at the idle mark on the gauge while cruising - the pressure in the rail must be at least 20psi lower then designed by ford to keep the spray pattern clean.

I know we can map to get a good AFR etc but was purely wondering about what others are doing 💤

Decide on the fuel pressure you wish to run which depends on your injectors. Buy an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and gauge and run your chosen pressure. Do not run a fuel pressure regulator with a vacuum variable pressure. Your ECU reads the load from throttle pot or manifold vacuum sensor and doesn't need a clunky old fashioned fuel pressure change to add in an unmeasured variable. Now map on the rolling road.

Nigel

the fuel reg is Ford, the throttle is Ford and the injectors are Ford, The Plenham is simply to direct the air from throttle to inlet valve.

provided the ECU is mapped with everything connected it should make little difference, removing the vac link or changing the reg after mapping will require a re map.

GBS don’t use the vac link either with ford or aftermarket reg