Crankshaft Front Pulley...ouch

Guest mower man

I have never had to use a puller on a pinto in the years I have played with them ! in fact they are one of the easier ones get the bolt undone and if necessary soak it with plus gas for a day or two tap around the outer rim ,in your case its tattered any ,way whist pulling on the opposite side rotate a and little and tap again keep at it it will come . the timing belt pulley should slide off with out to much prob and a seal can be fitted with out taking the front cover off .Polish the crank nose before reassembly and grease lightly before tightening proove t.d.c and timng marks [ they can be out ] and remark as nec. It would class as a 2/3 hr job at most including belt change, I ve known 2 done easily in a normal days work mick :crazy:

wot you been doing all winter dean thought you were going to squeeze some more power out of the old pintosoararse

Hospital, work, lessons, DIY, birthday parties, holidays.....every single excuse under the sun you can think of has happened every time I went into the garage. The final straw was 2 weeks ago when I had a free weekend and the wind blew the roof of the garage above the car. So spent most of that weekend temporary repairing the roof until summer.

Last weekend was the first time I got chance to get in there and start stripping it down, this weekend were down London :(

But hey it's a marathon, not a sprint and it will be ready for the MOT in April and on the road for the summer after I get you round to finish everything I break :)

PS - Have you fitted the V6 yet :rofl:

Guest 2b cruising

Alloy might look better but because of weight of the 2B the pully weight won't make ant noticeable difference. The flywheel though, that's a different matter because of it mass and centrifugal force.