Insider Information

ibrooks

Having signed the official secrets act to work here it's re-assuring to know that I get snippets like this that the rest of you out there won't know. For example I got this one earlier today.

Dear Colleague

The Farnborough International Airshow is taking place next week and consequently roads and access around Farnborough and Aldershot will be heavily impacted.

We recommend people avoid visiting the area if at all possible between the dates of 19 and 25 July 2004.

UK Internal Communications

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

200 ft, thats far too high, :D :lol:

I read about a Jaguar pilot in Cyprus last week, that got permission to do a flyby on the control tower, also at 200ft.

but the silly pillock thought he was Tom Cruise and came threw at 500mph at.......

54feet and clipped a lamp stanchoen at the end of the runway damaging his wing tip and scaring the sh$t out of the ground crews.

Hes now grounded and due before the court marshall :wacko: :D

last seen riding a motorbike to the tune of Take my wings away :D :D

Mitch

I was working at Warton before the last show - we got a free preview of the display that the Typhoons were going to be doing as they were practicing over the airfield. Looks quite impressive when you see it flying up and down the length of the runway stood on it's tail doing about 20mph (our exhausts aren't really that loud after all).

Iain

Guest jetskijase

Just a quick off topic

Iain do you still work at warton, was there last week doing some work for ian bottomly in the quality labs?

Jase

I actually work for CSC. We have the outsourcing contract for BAeSystems IT. I have worked at Lostock (missile factory) for about 5 years but wanted to get into project work so in the space of 12 months I worked at BAe's Farnborough, Portsmouth, Barrow, Warton, Salmesbury, Brough, Dept of Health Leeds, Royal Mail Farnworth, David LLoyd leisure in Bolton, Whitbread Food Logistics in Ordsall and Basell at Carrington (we don't just look after BAe).

See Jim - this is why it takes me so long to do stuff.

I have recently changed jobs and now cover BAe's Lostock, Chadderton, Woodford and Royal Ordnance Radway Green. But just to confuse the issue I have been "borrowed" to cover for someone who quit at Airbus Chester so for the next 3 weeks I'm driving 70 miles each way either side of an 8 hour day.

But I get 40p per mile when I use my own car for business use. :D

So to answer the original question - no I'm not working at Warton at the moment, but you never know when I'll re-appear there.

Iain

Guest graham dockerill

Good pictures Bill, but as you were at Silverstone when the Red Arrows were preforming did you understand the cockpit commentary when switching from ground to plane (was it split?)

Guest Battery Bill

Sorry Graham

I was not listening to the commentary Or watching the display. :rolleyes:

I work at Scampton and see the Bl**dy Red Sparrows every day, so when they were at Silverstone I had a quick nap :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Army blokes in the Lynx were cool though :D

Guest Andybarbet

I notice you have an age related plate on that ??? What donor did you use ?

I bet the SVA man was shocked when ya landed ?

Dont think one of them would fit in me garage..........