Brake Issues No More, I Think

speedtripledan

Well what a mountain this has been to climb! Changed the front master cylinder today and i now have brakes that have lasted more than 2miles. It would seem i have been desperately unlucky getting 2 faulty 0.625 m/c, its been an interesting journey into pedal boxes and bias bars. 1st problem was the clutch that wouldnt bleed out at the time i thought it was reservoir height that caused the issue but moved the reservoir and changed the mc at the same time so didnt teally know. Then in scotland the front brake issue started once home i fitted the old clutch mc thinking it was ok but sadly not, i changed feed pipes, rebuilt the calipers changed all the copper pipe to no avail, its only when i changed the circuits round i found the issue, the backs went instead of the front. Having the fronts on a 0.7 mc improved the brakes massively. Today i fitted another .7 mc on the rears so i now have 2 x .7 the brakes are brillant now, nice and progressive then with a slightly harder push the fronts lock up. Going to play with bias now to balance the brakes up properly but contray to popular belief 2 x .7 works great on my set up.

Now to rack some miles up, hopefully :)

• Like 5

Glad you got there mate. If you recall I went through 2 master cylinders on my clutch when first built... Dodgy girlings...not Chinese!

Should save you a few quid in 11mm spanners as well... Ha ha

Edited by tazzzzman1
  • Like 2