Gbs Shocks

nelmo

Sorry to ask on here but can't seem to log on to the GBS owners forum... :(

Does anyone know what size/type/model no. of Gaz shocks are used on the GBS?

The GBS website is, as for everything, useless for detail like that (probably because they don't want us to go and get the same parts cheaper ssomewhere else :) )

Guest 2b cruising

GBS make there own shock absorbers. Just last week they told me they sold 1000 units last year.

Damper tech will probably help you out but might want working lengths and fixing types.

Guest davidm

GBS make their own shocks?

Mine are GAZ, & all the pics on Kitspares website are GAZ. And I thought only GAZ made GAZ.

So how does that work then?

Some time ago when I was up at GBS they had just end started developing the shocks. They said they were looking at the top end market and hadn't fixed a price but thought they may be around a £1000 for a set of 4! Don't know what price they finally came up with.

Some time ago when I was up at GBS they had just end started developing the shocks. They said they were looking at the top end market and hadn't fixed a price but thought they may be around a £1000 for a set of 4! Don't know what price they finally came up with.

Yup, those are the ATRs and that is the price. But they also have a cheaper set for £400 on their website and i just assumed they were GAZ - no mention of brand name on the website.

GBS make their own shocks?

Mine are GAZ, & all the pics on Kitspares website are GAZ. And I thought only GAZ made GAZ.

So how does that work then?

So did you get them from GBS? If so, do you know what model no. they are?

I appreciate my car isn't finished, but I'm feeling really safe in the knowledge that's gone into my Procomp (Protech) dampers. Quite frankly, when GBS told me about their new ATR dampers, I was thinking "what the *bleep* do you know about damper design?". Now I appreciate they may have some whizz-bang shock designer working for them, but (i) I doubt it and (ii) if they do, they should really market him better.

I have a friend who works at Penske and he rated Matt at Procomp highly, which is praise indeed. I also have experience of just what quality shocks like Reiger and Proflex can do to a car, believe me. You could offer me a free set of Gaz shocks and honestly, I'd turn them down. Gold ones, *maybe*, at a stretch.... but only if I was counting the pennies. Considering the Protech's (revalved by Procomp) are the same sort of money, it's a no brainer to me. Matt will ask you what you're using it for, the corner weights of you car, suspension geometry/etc and then build you a set of dampers "to spec". He's highly regarded in the 7 racing scene. He gets my thumbs up, and I know a lot of other RHOCaR members have had a good experience too....

edit: Oh, and if anyone does want some Penske shocks, let me know, I'll put you in touch with a man who can... but I hope your wallet is thick!

Edited by brumster