2.0L Pinto - Breathing Heavy Or Normal?

Guest Boost

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

I'm looking to fit a catch tank. I need to replace the oil filler cap with one that has the breather on the side of the cap. Can anyone tell me if the bonnet will still close ok on a 2b if I get one of those?

Thanks in advance

Andy

I made my own catch tank originally with pipe venting under wire wool and above to air. Looked crude so bought an ally one with fancy mini filter on top. The filter quickly got oily and the resistance to the gasses increased to the point where it ceased being a breather. Reverted to the ugly original. I would advise against the fancy little filters as the final route to air.

Nigel

Thanks Nigel . May just place a hose from the top of the catch tank where the filter goes and run it under the car. But do you know if the bonnet will still close on a 2b if I buy one of those filler caps with the breather attachment in the side?

Cheers

Mine wouldn't with the taller rocker cap with pipe take-off so I kept the old cap and added a vent on the back of the rocker cover behind the cam. A place where there would not be much oil flung about. That worked fine along with the standard block breather, both plumbed to the same catch tank.

Nigel

I had to cut part of the seam where the two parts of bonnet join ( mines a crocodile bonnet hinged at dashboard end) but it then clears no problem

hope this helps

Derek