C20Xe 2B 150 Bhp At Wheels And It Is Slow Help? Ideas

Guest windscreen man

Guest windscreen man

I have a 2b running with a c20xe and r1 carbs and nodiz ignition, it has just been to BOG BROTHERS and they said it is 150 at the wheels, now it is no quicker than my mates 2b with a 100 bhp at the wheels pinto. My car revs up to 6800rpm and it is running and ticking over as it should, however It does not go as a red tob 2b should...Any ideas what the prob may be??? I have checked the throttle is opening fully, breaks arnt binding on clutch not slipping ext (i dont have a print out for the roling road! He just told me the figures😕) my dad has a 2b with a standard red top in and it is still on the original ininjection and it is way quicker than mine. CAN YOU HELP???? Thanx lew

I know they had another members car for a good few weeks to set bike carbs up they gave it back to him saying it was done and charged him quite a lot and because it was running so badly I stripped the carbs down on the stand at holowell last year to find that they had definitely not been set up so I set them to a base setup and it was a different car

Guest windscreen man

They charged nearly 500 pounds to sort the ignition timing, roling road and sort the carbs, the car is running a lot better than it was when i dropped it off 11 weeks ago. Yes 11 weeks!!!. How ever if they have just base set the carbs to get it running and driving but not fine tuned them on the rollers would the car be slugish??? Cheers

Edited by windscreen man

Guest windscreen man

Yes 11 weeks P*SS take eh? I honnestly dont think it has even been on the roling road, i think they have just roughly got the carbs set up by ear and give it me back. If they have just done this could that be the reason it is slow, or should it go well with the carbs roughly ish set up? Any one know

Guest windscreen man

Well it loks like i am going to get them set up again by someone else . Any one recomend a good rolling road who are good with red top an bike carbs with in reasonable distance of burnley lancashire

my pinto was 135 bhp. at the fly..

a 2.0 zetec would be a tad quicker.. but on the road theres too many variables, traffic road conditions etc to make it a huge gap.

plus the cost of getting a zetec in outweighs it for me.. manifolds. mounts. water pipes and rails. etc etc etc.