C20Xe 2B 150 Bhp At Wheels And It Is Slow Help? Ideas

Guest windscreen man

Guest windscreen man

The pump is in the boot of the 2b , right next to the fuel tank. I put the filter between the tank and pump (so i am gussing thst is the suction) side of the pump?? I put it there to stop the sh#t from the tank getting into the pump. So do i need a bigger filter? And if so is one of them plastic clear plastic ones ok (the ones with paper filter in it?? Thanx lew

i have a dismantleable gauze filter on the inlet side, so little restriction and catches the big bits that kill pumps. Prior to fitting, i caught a piece of debris that had been floating about from the manufacture of the tank, 10 years earlier! Shortly after fitting, the filter caught another bit.

Guest 2b cruising

The pump is in the boot of the 2b , right next to the fuel tank. I put the filter between the tank and pump (so i am gussing thst is the suction) side of the pump?? I put it there to stop the sh#t from the tank getting into the pump. So do i need a bigger filter? And if so is one of them plastic clear plastic ones ok (the ones with paper filter in it?? Thanx lew

A paper filter would create to much restriction before the pump.

As earlier mentioned, a wire gauze type filter is required in this part of the line and possibly already one in your stack pipe, in the tank.

Lots of people take them out.

If you have a facet type pump, they can come wit one in the suction pipe removable connector. Don't forget this is there as it can be an easy fix on fuel starvation faults.

If you have a facet cube type pump don't use the facet filter that comes with it. They are usually supplied with two 8mm pipe stubs and a bullet shaped filter. Ditch the bullet filter and just use the stubs as in my pic. I do use a cheap paper filter in line before the pump and change it very frequently. Every few months!

Nigel

ps. So Bogg Bros actually did a good job, if strangeley slowly, for you in the 11 weeks they had the car?

post-21-0-26443000-1439372226_thumb.jpg

Edited by Longboarder

The Facet silver too I have has a filter inside, there is a cap at the bottom that you turn with spanner or moles releasing the filter

The fuel regulator has a bowl filter and I use the large plastic see through filter before the lift pump