Grand Day Out

Guest 2b cruising

Guest 2b cruising

Thanks to the welcome invitation of the SKCC lads four of the RHOC met at Clackets Lane services.

We then motored on to Billy's cafe Billingshurst and joined the SKCC lot. We also met up with two more RHOC members, Florin and Stephen DOHC.

Around 28 cars then all set off to Liphook and we all had some good fun on the way.

First near miss was from Florin, she must have had a dislike for the tarmac as all four wheels locked up just 20 meters from the cafe. Someone in front of him had braked hard for no reason that I could see.

Next bit of fun was in a small village on a left hand bend. A member of joe public must have got fed up of waiting for all the cars to pass through and decided to come through anyway. Once again Florin locked up, I locked up and Al Milton behind me locked up. Me being me, I just stayed exactly where I stopped and made the prat squeeze past me. I don't quite know what he was saying but it was rather loud and distorted.

On arrival the usual looking at and chin wagging went on. Some of the SKCC cars were outstanding, as of course are many Robin Hoods.

We all then went off for a nice cuppa and some butties. (Yes you southern lot I do know what them eat up past Luton).

This was followed by a jolly nice ride on a steam train then a walk around the old steam fair, static engines

and other bits.

After this my co-pilot (John Heatherington) and myself decided to make a sneaky exit and started making our way back to my place.

No fun on the way back, just one wrong turn by coming off the intended A25 route and taking the A286 instead. Well I think it was the 286? Still a nice route so wasn't bothered and took a nice easy drive in the brilliant sunshine.

On getting home I found SWIMBO had gone out to Homebase with a neighbour and I had to make my own blooming cup of tea.

The good thing though was that she bought nothing that involves decorating, or any other work like items as a present for me.

Thanks to The Florin Crew for bringing the day out to our notice.

Also a big thanks to the SKCC for the kind invite.

Looking forward to meeting some of you in the future on other trips or days out.

Anyone posting any pics?

It must have been the little guy causing us all to lock up (cramp setting in!!).

At least I know, even with the pull to the offside, there's nowt wrong with my brakes!

It probably gave the villagers something to discuss to-day.

Good day out, nice write up Ken.

Edit: Forgot to add, there is a benefit of taking the missus with you - you don't come home to any mischief, (like wall paper stripping) AND you get fed wine gums on the way home, but they were a little warm so a bit more education required for Lana there!!

Edited by Al Milton
  • Like 1

Just a stupid note for all with reference to the comment re " Cramping Up ". I assume it is in " Jest " but for the record if anyone starts suffering from " Cramp " sadly drink Tonic Water the quinine stops the Cramp. After explaining to my GP ( he was the one who suggested drinking Tonic Water ) that I was drinking 1 - 2 Litres of Tonic per day he opted to put me on Quinine tablets around 30 mg but they do assist and keep the Cramps at bay.

Drivel over hope everyone made use of the Sunshine today.

Cheers.

Steve

:drinks:

:lazy:

Good day out with all from SKCC & Rhocar, thanks to Mark for sorting the cafe' & the Hollycombe venue. Great breakfast & discount at Billy's really tasty -- 2 eggs ,bacon, sausage, beans, mushrooms & toast; the coffee actually tasted like coffee rather than just looking the part as so often the case.

Hollycombe is a great venue for any-one interested in steam driven equipment -- plus the odd water-wheel; we toured the site & spoke with numerous folk; leaving at 4.30 just before they shut.

Thanks again SKCC for a very interesting day spent in brilliant sunshine.