Dvla Haven't A Clue

Guest peter2b2002

Guest peter2b2002

just got the v5 for my mg in the post today in my name,it came with a letter stating it neaded tax or sorn so I've just logged on to thier site to sorn it put in all the info that was asked for they came back, you can't sorn this vehicle as it's still registered to the previous owner,

nice to see thier all linked up.

try again tommorow

peter2b

Guest Tim Norman

I sent my V5 of for the Kitten engine change with the requisite information 6 weeks ago and have got nothing back yet!

Edited by Tim Norman

My V5 came back within a week showing the new engine and colour change for my car so the speed of response seems random for some reason.

Had the same problem when buying a motorcycle and sorning it as the different dvla departments held different info on it. It took about 2 weeks for them to update all of their records

Guest peter2b2002

Same as the hmrc I emailed them as I haven't had a tax return sent to me so i could have a reference number to fill out my return on line,I sent the email to their help line they replied if I call this number with my referance number they will give you the information you need

So the dvla arent alone

Peter2b

Edited by peter2b2002

Might send my engine change info off now then, might be done by the time its completed lol.

Thinking about it, it's still registered at my old address...is it worth doing that first then engine change or just do it all together?