One Of Them Days !

blue

So go out today for a afternoon blast came through the Limehouse link tunnel touch the brakes and woosh poor BEV lights up like a Christmas tree!!!

Then goes up in smoke like an genie

something has gone straight to earth in a Major way and in a big cloud of smoke the car stops -

then the numpty in the transit behind me starts bibbing and waving his arms cos I've stopped !!!!

After a few words in reply from me he decides it's best be quiet and lock his door!! And go round me

So I get it started and limp it home but if you touch and thing metal let's just say it's not fun

got home and 3/4 of the loom has melted - so now need to do complete rewire before Stoneleigh - nothing like a deadline to work to is there

Guest Radders

Wow...I feel for you. It's so disheartening when things like this happen! My last kit car...I was blasting along late one night just thinking, this is the life when the gearbox popped the front main seal....oil everywhere! Luckily I was half a mile from home and managed to get back. I then had to strip the car and take the engine out to remove the gearbox then 300 quid to have it rebuilt with a new clutch and then the gear lever locking ring was threaded (rare ford type 3) when I went to put her back together... A real ball ache but I came through it with a real sense of achievement and I felt closer to the car, like I knew her on a different level. Chin up Blue, everything happens for a reason!

Oh the joys of the kit car. Cruising at 70 mph on the motorway when a small vibration turns into a BIG vibration, so I back off the throttle and then BOOM!!!!! We safely coasted on to the hard shoulder and jumped out of the car. On inspection the gearbox had exploded. Called the rescue truck and sat on the embankment for half an hour. The next day I got lots of calls from mates asking "Was that your kit car I saw broken down?" Cheers guys.

thats suck. On the bright side our kitcars are mostly steel, which whilst being heavier doesn't tend to burn like the glassfibre jobs of old. Good luck on the re-wire. Maybe time for a megasquirt and throttle bodies ;)

Perhaps its a wknd for bad luck. Whilst not car related i managed to miss the crawl board in my attic and put my foot on the plaster board of the recently plastered ceiling (which i was pretty proud of) and make a nice cracked section :(

Guest 2b cruising

thats suck. On the bright side our kitcars are mostly steel, which whilst being heavier doesn't tend to burn like the glassfibre jobs of old. Good luck on the re-wire. Maybe time for a megasquirt and throttle bodies ;)

Perhaps its a wknd for bad luck. Whilst not car related i managed to miss the crawl board in my attic and put my foot on the plaster board of the recently plastered ceiling (which i was pretty proud of) and make a nice cracked section :(

You were lucky.

When I did that I made a propper job.

One foot either side of the joist.

Ouch.

• 3 weeks later...

Well BEV is 90% rewired I just wish ford would just put one live or switched live to there stalks !!!!

The only wires I can't find are the headlight flash and the washer pump

but looking in the manual it seems the flash just earth's a relay and the washers are a world unto them self's

I've only had 1 day on it so far with work commitments but still pushing for Stoneleigh! !!

Guest peter2b2002

I've just started to get my 2b going, been stored under cover since last year, got it back into my man shed, thinks better double check the timing, only this time I set the cam to tdc timing marks lined up but the dizzy was 180 out, that probably explains why she wouldn't fire up last year, I will try in the morning when the battery is charge up

fingers crossed, I might be able to get to Stoneleigh in her this year

peter2b