Twin Webber 45 Carbs

Del1968

Guest Ian & Carole

Some folk call it "tinkeritus" once set up LEAVE WELL ALONE!

DSC01077.jpg

Checked for being in balance every spring, never touched again, 35 mpg regularly, high teens when playing, using 7500-8000 rpm.

WEBER DCOE CARBS CORRECTLY TUNED BY AN EXPERT THAT ARE IN GOOD CONDITION DO NOT DRINK FUEL AND DO NOT GO OUT OF TUNE, 35MPG ON A 2.0L ZETEC WITH BIG CAMS IN BEING THRASHED ROUND SCOTLAND FOR 1800MILES IS NOT DRINKING FUEL !! I'VE TUNED THEM ONCE ON A DYNO AND NEVER TOUCHED THEM AGAIN.

NO NEED TO SHOUT!!

Yours is a Zetec, different engine characteristics, I also have 45's on my Vauxhall redtop (I'd put Jenveys on if I had my time again) But the number of Pinto engines where webers are reported as running good with decent fuel economy, I can count on one hand!

I also speak from experience with 40's on a Pinto, When I had the pinto in, I spent a lot of £££'s to fit new webers, had them set up on a rolling road etc. Yes, it went like stink afterwards, but it was like one of those taps that you press down, all or nothing! and fuel consumption as as low at 18mpg.

There's always plenty of Pinto / weber set ups for sale on fleabay, does that not tell a story?

On a pinto, stick with the 38DGAS.

Edited by Big Jim
  • Like 1

Guest mdav1970

I very recently purchased a perfect set of CBR600 bike carbs from a local bike breakers for £70.00, purchased the danst engineering manifold off ebay for £200. Other than a new throttle cable and some silcone hose to joint the manifold to the carbs that was it. Runs great for less than £300.

Thanks for all the replies guys still unsure which route to go webbers or bike if I do go webbers they will get set up properly by some one who knows them like most things if done correctly in first place and don't tinker there should be no problem

I still got plenty of time to make my mind up which to get not gonna rush there are still other things I need to do to the car until then like sort out this annoying back fire