Ford Focus Alarm

Guest danny_samb

Guest danny_samb

Hi all I have a ford focus titanium 2011, where would the alarm siren and the battery backup siren be located, they are separate to the horn but think the battery backup needs replacing as it just randomly goes off.

Thanks

Guest danny_samb

Looked behind the wheel liner not there, I'll check the boot, I don't get any warning message on the dash saying the bonnets open etc or the alarm doesn't go off when I lock the car.

The hazards don't flash so it's not as if the car thinks it's a break in there something draining the battery and set the alarm off was wondering if it was the alarm siren backup draining the battery

Listen when the siren goes off that will determine where it is but there the usual places ford put them

Could be that but could also be an interior light radio etc etc draining battery good idea process of elimination

Guest danny_samb

At 4 in the morning I was more concerned off stopping the alarm rather than finding out it'd location lol, the battery was completely flat and the fob wouldn't turn it off I had to disconnect the battery. It sounds like a proper alarm not a horn alarm. Apparently ford put thatcham 2 alarms in certain models of focus so I'm ghe's sing it's that.

The radio has packed up in the car so it could be draining the power

It would occasion work but all of a sudden it's stopped working

Would an ammeter in the battery line help tell if there is any current drain

when everything is turned off?

PS I know very little about electricity.....except it hurts me when I get it wrong indoors

or melts my spanners when working under the bonnet

Most modern cars take a bit of wake up current as the various computers boot up after connecting the battery.

It will take some time to see what the shut down drain is after connecting the ammeter.

This could work provided you remember to wait for the reading to settle.

Guest danny_samb

Auto electrician hooked it up to a diagnostic machine and found a fault. It said invalid data received from front controls/ display interface module. So hopefully that's the problem and he can sort it