Harris Pinto on the dyno

Snapperpaul

Harris Pinto with Weber 50 DCO SP

For those that know a Harris Pinto is a legendary thing not often seen in the wild a certainly never seen on a non Harris dyno. Graham Bahr of Penguin motors has been asked to make this Harris Pinto more drivable for a street car

22 hours ago, Kerry said:

Not enough torque for good road use. 

I think you mean not enough torque lower down in the rpm range, the problem here is that it is sluggish below 4500rpm then takes off like a scalded rat.

Before I had my 2.1 RL31 cammed engine dyno tuned by Graham Bahr it had a massive flat spot below 3500, now with proper jetting and programmable ignition we have filled in the torque dip.

iIt will be interesting to see what Graham comes up with to make this engine more drivable

On 7/4/2023 at 10:04 AM, nelmo said:

Interesting to see the process. How do you get the power curve to be lower down the rev range? I'm assuming there is no ECU here?

I think Graham Bahr is looking at a different cam but the owner wants to keep the twin 50 DCO SP carbs so that complicates due to venturi fitment and the other demand to not loose any more than 10bhp, 45 DCOE with 38mm chokes should be more appropriate. It will be an interesting project