Dax Rush -- need some shop to finish my rush and that can take it to the IVA.

Alexandre Fonseca

Hello my friends

My name is Alexandre Fonseca (aka AlexDax) im from portugal and i built a dax rush 2.0 coswort.

The car is currently at https://www.inautos.co.uk/ but infortunently they cant do the job, don't have the means not the knowledge for the IVA.

Im looking for help to finish my loved project, do you know some one or some shop that can help me out?????

Thanks 

Unfortunately you are at other end of the country, but it may help if you advised at what state it currently is, ideally photographs, I have in the past finished cars & put them through for other people, but no longer have a workshop to use & I have to do everything on my drive, which is okay for my own stuff but not somebody elses.

Hi Alex,

I know GBS have helped owners through the IVA process, so they may be willing to take on a Dax. It can be quite time intensive to revisit/work through certain issues though so costs can quickly mount.    

It may be worthwhile providing a little more information in terms of the current state of the car i.e.

- Is the car complete and up and running, so it's more of a visual check prior to an IVA test (then at least you will have a list of failures to address?)

- Or is work still required to complete the initial build, which is a very different scenario?

On 3/15/2024 at 1:09 PM, Shandylegs said:

Hi Alex,

I know GBS have helped owners through the IVA process, so they may be willing to take on a Dax. It can be quite time intensive to revisit/work through certain issues though so costs can quickly mount.    

It may be worthwhile providing a little more information in terms of the current state of the car i.e.

- Is the car complete and up and running, so it's more of a visual check prior to an IVA test (then at least you will have a list of failures to address?)

- Or is work still required to complete the initial build, which is a very different scenario?

nice company and nice people but unfortunately they are full without capacity... ;(

Do you know roughly what needs doing? Could it be driven to an IVA test? 

Might be worth taking it, failing but getting a list of fail points so you can show it to someone and they can quote you to fix it. An IVA retest is only £95.

Richy on here runs a garage called GBC (?) Autos in Tadworth. Give him a list and he should be able to give you a quote. 

Edited by nelmo

3 hours ago, nelmo said:

Do you know roughly what needs doing? Could it be driven to an IVA test? 

Might be worth taking it, failing but getting a list of fail points so you can show it to someone and they can quote you to fix it. An IVA retest is only £95.

Richy on here runs a garage called GBC (?) Autos in Tadworth. Give him a list and he should be able to give you a quote. 

yes i know what your saying about the IVA and already have a list.

I contacted GBC and they are full...

:(

Im trying other garages