Sva 2nd Retest

Guest Friar Tuck

Guest Friar Tuck

Well !!

What can I say?

6 months to the day after starting build, I now have a Ministers Approval Certificate for my Super Spec! :D :D :p :lol: :lol: B) B)

(Actually, that is not strictly true, I did have it in my hands for approx. 1 hour, but had to hand it over at the Local DVLA office)

A big thanks to Stuart and Mark at Shrewsbury SVA Centre for all their support and assistance in getting the car through.

The Euphoria will take a long time to dissipate, and will probably start to build again once the registration process is complete, and I can legally take it on the road!

I went to the DVLA with all the forms, (only a couple of omissions thanks to the process detailed on totalkitcar.com), paid over a cheque for £203 (£38 registration and £165 for 12 months tax), and was able to make an appointment for the build up inspection for next Tuesday at 9.45 a.m.

Downside is that unlike Reading, they insist that the car cannot be driven to the inspection, but must be taken on a trailer. (No dispensation in Shrewsbury, Dredd).(They also will not come to your home to do it here either)

In the scheme of things though, I suppose £30 is a small price to stay in their good books.

Good news is that the young lad confirmed that it will be a 54 reg, and that they will issue the certificate of entitlement as soon as the inspection is complete. As long as Halfords don’t hang around, I will be able to take my good lady wife out in the car for the first time on Tuesday night to celebrate, Just hope it’s not raining!! I haven’t fitted the hood and sidescreens yet, that is a job for the weekend.

I have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed the build process, despite the frustration of 2 ½ months taken to get the engine running, and am absolutely delighted with the finished result.

I have now done 42 miles, according to the odometer, and need to sort this issue with the speedo drive, as it is only just within tolerance, as below: -

Speedo Reading / Actual Road Speed(Rollers)

35 / 29

40 / 32

50 / 41

60 / 49

70 / 58

This was with a replacement Speedo cable!

I have a friend who used to work for Ford Technical help, and he is looking in to it for me, but has just gone to South Africa for a fortnight’s holiday. Hope he gets back and gets me the answers.

I am just so happy, it makes all the hard work really worthwhile to think that I will be on the road legally within a week!!! :) B)

The drive to the centre was so exhilarating, just a bit too short, one of the disadvantage of having a test centre so close, and this car is seriously quick, I love it !! :D

I hope this is an inspiration to all builders, You do need to get it right, and it is a lot of hard work, but the rewards are fantastic !! B) B) :lol:

I can’t wipe this idiotic grin off my face!!! :D :D :D :D

Friar Tuck

Edited by Friar Tuck

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Friar,

The smile will last a fair few miles yet, I see the Shrewbury DVLA are just as bad as Preston regarding the built up inspection,you could tow it on an invisable rope( i will sell you one via ebay if required, only used once)

Maybe see you Weds Night?.

Come on Bugsy we need the hatrick

Mitch

Well done Friar on number 2 :D :D B) ,

Things are a bit slow here at the moment due to loads of work, no time and a bloody hole in my zorst which seems to causing most of my problems :boohoo: ,

The scuttle is off AGAIN because i am recovering it AGAIN because the SVA tester i had didnt like the fact that he could feel the 19mm radius wasnt soft enough :gdit:

But any how, well done on getting through hope to see you on the road soon,

Soon be Summer 2005 B)

Bugsy

Guest Andy Rathbone

WELL DONE feels good dosent it :D mind how you go, and the lunatic grin will take about 2-3 days to go away if you dont go near the car promise, but if you keep playing with it the grin will not go :ph34r: trust me :D :D

Well done old chap, told you there would be no problems. B)

Anyway what were you messing about with during the last six months. ;)

Anyone would think this stuff was difficult!!!! :blink:

Have a good play, and make sure you dont get into any trouble. :ph34r:

Guest Friar Tuck

Thanks for all that, isn't it about time Bugsy sorted himself out and got his finished?

:rolleyes:

So many excuses, I suppose he is doing it in his own time and doesnt want to be rushed until he's ready !!! :p :p

Can't anyone help him with his religious exhaust ? :wacko:

I don't suppose you have contacted Richard, have you Paul ??

See you on the road very soon (only 5 days to go, not that I'm counting)

Cheers

:D :D Tuck :D :D

Guest Petemate

Bugsy - don't understand the prob you had with the 19mm radius. Are you referring to the lower dash edge? If so, I understood that it can be rigid so long as it is 19mm. Or was the prob that it didn't go right under to the back of the dash?

Pete(Oldgit)

Guest chris brown

Friar congratulations on the pass your problem with the speedo sounds to me like you have a 3.6 dif mated to a box with speedo drive for a 3.92

Thinking about it, it may be the other way round

Edited by chris brown