Weber 2v Carb

Guest Sean Timney

Guest Sean Timney

Hi Guys.....2 weeks and counting to pick up my 2B :D .....my question is this: Does anyone know where I can get a refurb pack for my carb?....it's a Weber 2V from a 2ltr Sierra (89)...

Better still, has anyone upgraded from this carb to twin webers and has a spare 2V in reasonable condition they would consider parting with for a measily sum (it's not that i'm tight in the wallet department, just blown my budget :blink: )

Advice and help appreciated....BTW, Stoneleigh was great (first time for me)...good to see loads of Hoods there

Thanks,

Sean (County Durham)

Guest Sean Timney

Jim....If I change my carb to a 38 DGAS, what needs doing?....will it affect the ECS system that needs fitting?...not too good on the new carb biz i'm afraid..

Thanks,

Sean

Guest Simon cooper

A bit of cofusion here guys. Is it a 2V or a V V carb that you have???

2V means 2 venturies, V V means a piece of S@*T. Basic difference is one hole with a sliding plastic flap or 2 holes of which one has a choke flap.

Simon

Its even more complicated I think. Ford VV was only on the 1.6 so it shouldn't be one of those. 2L pintos had a weber 2V - either a 32/36 DGAV up to 1985 or a 30/34 (?) DFTH post 1985 - which is presumably what you have. The DGAV (A is for auto choke - DGV is manual choke) is a good carb and has twin, square chokes. DFTH has rounded chokes. 38 DGAS (from a V6?) is apparently the way ahead though, with similar performance to twin webers but better mpg - is that the case?

Guest Sean Timney

This gets better.....from the descriptions, it must be a 30/34.....two rounded holes, one with choke flap.....................anyway, to the question i've asked Jim.....if I fit a 38 DGAS, what else do I need?....will this fit onto the current manifold?......what about ECS??.............my head is hurting badly.....

Thanks in anticipation.

Sean

Guest Simon cooper

Hi Sean,

The mounting holes for most webers are the same spacing (most, not all).Just check the manifold stud positions and you will know then. As for the ECS, this can be run independant of any carb you fit. If you want more help or details, E mail me or phone after 6pm. 01983-854754

All the best

Simon

Guys,

the base sizes for the DGV & the DGAS are the same.

They are different from all other Sierra fit Webers, which are smaller.

The good news is that the DGV was fitted to early Sierras, Late Cortinas & Capris

which had Pinto engines.

Ask at your scrappy for a big base Weber manifold for a Pinto.

The manifold will have takeoff points for all the connections you need

just take the fittings off your existing mainifold & fit in place of the blanking plugs

in the DGV manifold.

The operating linkage will need a little thought & ingenuity, but easily done.

The transformation with a DGAS will amaze you, but it certainly isnt up to twin 40s,

but you can get 30mpg plus rather than 16 if pushing hard with twin 40s!!!

Go for it!

Bob T.