Friar Tuck's In Hospital!

Guest bugsy

Guest micky bigthumbs

cant they find an old boot to throw at him there is nothing else they can do to him now..we hope and pray this is the last hurdle in getting well..and soon

yet again are thoughts and prayers are with you both and will be as long as it takes

Mick

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GOOD NEWS!!!! :)

It seems that Lesleys Christmas wish has come good eventually,

Neal has now been moved to Shrewsbury Hospital so Les doesnt have to spend hours travelling to see him,

Best wishes to you both and Good Luck for 2005! Hope to see you soon.

Love

Paul and Lizzy :wub:

Guest mickmellors

Good to hear this latest news - we are all behind you Lesley - Give Neal a dig in the ribs from us all - looking forward to seeing you all fit and well in the New Year - Love and Best Wishes from Mick Mellors and Family

I have not heard from Les in a short while, i will text her tonight and wish them both well and get an update,

Happy new Year to you all, lets look forward to a Great 2005! :rolleyes:

who knows i might even get my Soup Spec on the road :lol: :lol:

Best wishes

Paul and Lizzy xx

Guest captn Pugwash

Best wishes to neil and Les, Happy new year you both, get well soon and keep moving forward, the light at the end of teh tunnel is acheavable. Lesley, keep your chin up and smile.

Best wish's

Captain pugwash and family

An update on Neal's condition from Les:

Neal had another bleed in his brain on New Years eve. He was sent for a scan, the films were sent to Stoke, and that is why the neuro surgeons at Stoke requested that Neal should have another lumber puncture. that was on Saturday, new Years day. For 1 reason or another, it couldn't be done by the doctor on duty over the bank holiday period, so now Stoke want Neal back so that they can do another angiogram, which will show exactly where the bleed occurred. Today there wasn't a bed for Neal so he is still at the Royal Shrewsbury hospital.

They have told Neal what they plan to do, but it has all made Neal very confused, which is a great pity because before this he was much more coherent for more of the time.

To my way of thinking,Neal can't be in any sort of danger, as they are not treating it with any sense of urgency( or am I kidding myself?) Also, the scan was done 4 days ago and Neal's basic life signs are very stable( sorry for the jargon) so it must've healed itself, yeh?

Anyway, that's the state of play right now.

Sent on Jan 5th

Guest Bob's Babe

Send on our thoughts and best wishes when you are next in touch with Neal and Lesley, we can only hope that these delays are for good reasons and that all goes well.

Love to you both

SUE and TIM :wub:

10/01/05

EMail from Les:

Neal has a new op tomorrow at Shrewsbury....to implant a sieve-like stent into an artery, possibly in his groin or his stomach, to catch any of the pieces of the 'dissolving' blood clot from going into his lungs or heart( heaven forbid) as they have had to take him off the warfarin so that Stoke can do invasive investigations.

he will prob go to Stoke tomorrow after the op for the neuro surgeons to assess him and decide whether or not to put in another drain in his brain or to do a lumber puncture to grow a culture to see what's happening, or isn't, as the case may be.

Les

I got a text message today saying that Neal went to Stoke today (Tuesday)

I will pass on your regards to them.

Bugsy

I really hope they find a solution and he makes a good recovery...

These doctors are just like us Hoodies except the mistakes are worst than getting fed-up with the build :( and going in to watch telly

Makes you think how important health is

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Update from Les today, the operation to fit the shunt has been successful and the fluid is draining away from his brain. Les says that Friar is in good spirits although al ittle confused (probably has a right to be!). Hopefully he will move back to Shrewsbury this weekend.