New Rh Owners!

peter_m7uk

Anyone seen the announcement on the RH website that the new owners "would like to market the new Lightweight project themselves in their own style as they are not happy with our style" ?? I hope this doesn't mean price increases!!

Peter

Guest Kieran

I wonder who bought it :huh:

Cheaper cowboy outfits are available, surely :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, I would now really expect a bit of a price hike, especially for the lightweight..... :angry:

Kieran :wacko:

Guest rizla

;) if thier shrood they may make a sub company just for the lightweight,and market it at the bike power market,and track orientation

and dearer obviously

would like to market the new Lightweight project themselves in their own style as they are not happy with our style

What they actually mean is that it's a bag of S..Te, poorly engineered, and don't want to be responsible for it when things go wrong! IMHO

say what you mean jim

I've been wanting to say it for some time, but felt "gagged" as "we" don't want to upset the relationship that the Club now have with the "factory"

But as RS will no longer be "the manufacturer" and the new Owners could just have some engineering expertise for a change, I do hope that they have seen the problems with the Lightweight's design.

(IMHO of course, not necessarily the views of RHOCaR)

Guest FIRSTBUILD

if you really look at one would you be happy in it at 130 mph ? I reckon its "flimsy" to say the least --------- perhaps a 175cc bike engine ?

Had a look at the Lightweight in the RH Showroom when I visited last year. Got to say it looked as if it had been thrown together regardless of whether it was the prototype or not. However concept looked OK, and I can't see that a Lightweight would fall to bits if it was put together properly. Consistant edge distances, accurate rivet/fastener pitching, proper panel gapping and steer clear of the pop rivets (use avdels!) However as its a Robin Hood you might need to remake many of the panels to achieve this and it'll certainly keep you busy building for a good while!

NB: When finding fault with things that are rivetted together, remember an aeroplane is only 10,000 loose rivets flying in close formation!

Cheers

Nige

no need to worry about flying........ I used to make the parts for the thrust reversers on Rolls Royce engines,So its stopping you should be worried about,

Just look for the blue RR badge on the engines,

I always do, then change airlines

:ph34r: :blink: :wacko:

Mitch