Boyz In Hoods Club Mag

Guest Guy

Well I had no issues with the cover! I sertainley wouldn't hide it from the wife.

As for being "chauvinistic, sarcastic and cliche bunch of small minded people" well I can't see it personaly. I don't think is's doing any harm, it's not as if we are using it to bash chickens or anything!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tim Norman

:( As I am trying to change my image :blink: I will not resort to type on this thread. All I will say is that whilst the cover may not be to everyone's liking it is the cover. If there are people out there with ideas for covers we would welcome the input. Without you lot the magazine would be empty and nobody sends in ideas for covers.

I don't wish to make an issue out of the magazine, we take on board your comments and will act on them.

All contributions for the next magazine need to be in soon as we intend getting it out mid August. Please send all atricles and picture to Peter Knight, preferably via e mail.

Ps How many pages do we put aside for recipes and knitting patterns? :p

Cheers

I have to agree with Guy. My wife has read the mag and did'nt have any problems with the young lady on the front. But some might and your welcome to youre own opinoin.

As for the other comments, i have been a member of the club for 2 1/2 years and have always found people easy to approach. I have always offerd my help where possible and have found others to be just as helpful when i needed it.

That is what RHOCAR is about its a group (male and Female) who have the same interests, wheter its building, modifiing or driving the cars.

My friend (Andy from Blackburn)was so impressed with the friendliness of the club and the cars themselves he spent last year with me, my wife his wife and child "doing the shows" and ended up putting the Cobra on hold and buying a Hood. Niether him his wife or my wife felt that they did'nt belong, And will be at Newark this weekend.

On various outings there have been the wife's and girlfriends of various members from the NW who are only to happy join in on the runs have a drink, tell jokes wether P C or not and genrally join in with the merriement,

At shows or runs out there are always new faces who are encouraged to join in with the organising and participation of events weather its a run threw the moors or organising a weekend away or just a trip to a builders house to spare them on and encourage them when it gets tough.

So contact your local sec and join in the banter get out and enjoy the cars and the company.

Mitch

Blackburn

Guest mickmellors

Well said Mitch - and thanks for the Spirit you bring to the Club, and especially the Show weekends, it is always a pleasure to be in your company.

See you all at Newark

Best Regards as always

Mick M

Guest DaveB

Come on guys what happened to the saying "never judge a book by it's cover".

My girlfriend loves the Hood she visits me every other weekend and first thing she does is enquire about the car, she was not offended at all by the cover and she did read the mag cover to cover before she came out to the garage and helped me drop the engine in.

Another guy who always want's an update is my grandson Liam 3yrs below.

(And before I get any negative comments the power is off it's just a picture he has a full set of plastic tools and safety is my #1 priority)

My build is a true family affair, the mags great keep up the good work, try a plain brown cover next time and post them in a plain brown envelope.

Dave B :D :D :D

post-13-1055799185.jpg

Guest Tim Norman

:o THE COVER OF THE MAG IS CAUSING A LOT OF COMMENT THAT WAS NOT INTENDED OR REALLY NEEDED. WHEN I SAW IT I SAW A PIC AND LOTS OF CARS. MY THREE KIDS HAVE HELPED STUFF IT INTO 900 ENVELOPES, THEY ARE 8,6 AND 5 AND NOT ONE MENTIONED A SEMI NAKED LADY. THEY WERE ALL PLEASED TO SEE JOHN STEWARTS CAR AND KNOW SOMEONE WHO OWNED ONE OF THESE CARS. GET A GRIP! IF YOU HAVE READ THE MAG YOU WILL KNOW THAT THIS 'GIRLIE' EFFORT WAS A ONE OFF.... ONE OF THE COMMITTEE AT LEAST WROTE THIS, BUT IT STOPS NO-ONE FROM READING WHAT IS INSIDE. NEITHER I NOR MY KIDS WERE CONCERNED OR UPSET BY IT AND ANYONE THAT IS... WELL I APOLOGISE FOR ANY OFFENSE, BUT NONE IS INTENDED AND SHOULDN'T BE FELT. :p WE WILL ALL BE AT NEWARK ON SAT. COME RAIN OR SHINE AND LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING AND CHATTING TO ALL OF YOU....ICANT HAVE A BEER AS HAVE TO TAKE KIDS HOME AT SOME POINT BUT IT WILL BE A FAMILY FUN DAY OUT, EVEN WHEN MISS NEWARK TURNS UP! AS SHE IS SURE TO DO BECAUSE YET AGAIN I'M SURE THE HOODIES WILL BE THE BEST SUPPORTED MOST FUN STAND ON THE WEEKEND.

MUCH LOVE TO ALL xxxxxxxBOB'S BABE :)

When my daughter saw the cover of the new mag she was disgusted and I agree, nothing to do with the young lady but the MISSING Zs!! pleaze bring them back. Come on chapz I don't mind changez but there iz a limit. After all theze yearz surely they are a fixture, letz start a petition! We want our Zdz!

Peter. :angry:

Guest Chris.A.

We are all looking forward to meeting Mr.Sparrow and his wife at Newark. Me especially!

Well done Mr. Chairman . for your "grown-up" comments.

Your hard work and "GET A LIFE" sensible input into the club ,( for the last decade that I have known you ), is a credit to you , SIR.

A Spanking at Newark,this year as well then?

( or will that aggrovate Thrush , Cock ROBIN, TIT, or what ever the right name is?)

:D (I`m joking, .....you daft ninny!!!!!)

hay....get a life guys ( and don`t worry your pretty little head about someone pretty getting a bit of the attention) instead of you.......

[ Andy is a clever little bugger! he`s got you all realy wound up!!!!!!]

lets have a great time, .... eh? then kick the living **** out of him!

I`m joking, Andy , it`s called fun, ( surely, you don`t want TIM to pose???)

see you at the weekend, I sincerely hope.

lots of love, (for sure)

Chris.A.

Guest Andy Sparrow

Yes we are both looking forward to Newark this year, I guess we will be able to easily locate you as you will be the nearest to the scantily clad models !!

:D :D

A & D

Guest mickmellors

Can anyone identify the chap at the right hand side of the picture no 8 & 9 on Mats link 4 posts up the thread from here ?

When we were awarded the trophy he seemed to appear for the shot and disappear again. When we got the pics back, no-one had the slightest idea who he was.

Its not the chap that got in the England and Man Utd team photos is it ?

Mick M