Speed Camera

Snapperpaul

Just got back from T200 and have recieved speed camera fine. I am safe because i was on the way to Portsmouth in a firms car with 2 others at the time. It's pretty obviouse who was driving, not that the safty camera people can prove it, but where do i stand if i say " wasn't me". If it stirs up a hornets nest I will get the offending person to own up. Anyone been in the same situation?

Guest Takumi

My friend had a similar situation, if the camera photo can't identify the driver, and you don't admit driving, the only course that can be taken is the car registered keeper (your firm) will get a fine, as what happend to a friend of mine.

stefz

Yep, Tak is correct.

If the car is registered to your firm, and none of you own up, then most likely your firm will ask for the "evidence" ie. the photo. :huh:

If it shows who was driving......game up! :o

If it doesn't, and no-one admits it, then they will be hit by a large fine, (£1000+) :( What happens internally at your firm then is up to them :wacko: , but no-one gets points ;) .)

Guest chris brown
but no-one gets points
There was one the other day Jim where the firm didn’t know who was driving and the managing director got 3 points as it was his responsibility to ensure the firm knew who was driving there cars.

Guest Dredd

The owner of the car, i.e. the company secretary or managing director, will receive a fine for 'using' or 'permitting the use' of the car if the driver cannot be identified. Just a heads up, but if the driver denies driving but is identified by the photo, there is always a 'perverting the cause of justice' offence to throw in!

The car that was caught by the camera is mine, registered to me driven by some one else. At the time of the offence i was some where else in the firms car, I.E some one else was driving my car and went through a speed camera while i was else where. Do i gather from the posts so far that if the driver does not own up I will get the fine.

Sorry for the confusion when i read my first post it was not clear.

Keep the info comming i have 27 days to reply.

You're being a bit evasive here Snapper. Is this your private car or a firm's? If it is your private car then presumably you know who was driving? I imagine you are not going to say the car was taken without your consent?

As Dredd infers, you are playing a very dangerous game along the lines of perverting the course of justice. Courts take a very dim view of such attempts to wheedle out of a fine and if caught out you would most likely be dished out a far more serious penalty than the old three pointer.

Was it the missus then or what? :p

So it's your car, right then, in this land of "justice" you are guilty unless you move that guilt onto someone else.

So you either shop the other driver, and they get the fine & 3 points, or you say it's you, and you get the fine & 3 points, or you don't say anything, then you'll get the 3 points, a bigger fine, tarred & feathered, keel hauled etc.

Don't forget, It's speeding a much more hideious offence than anything else. with untold resources to make sure that someone pays up!!! :angry:

Perverting the course of justice by not owning up only applies to motorists. If you are a thug or career crim then you are innocent and don't need to prove it. It is up to the crown to prove your guilt (just done jury service) and a plea of not guilty followed by a jury verdict of guilty would be most unlikely to be followed by a charge of atempting to pervert the course of justice. Is it surprising that so many of us feel persecuted by and less willing to support the police than 20 years ago. I for one feel alone and unsupported when facing criminal events which is a sad change in my previously held attitudes.

Nigel

Longboarder

In your thread you seem to slate the Judicial System then blame the police for it?

It is the police that puts the criminal before the court - the rest is down to the CPS, Judges, Magistrates and er, juries. And yes every criminal I have ever given evidence against in Court has lied through their teeth.

Can I ask how many times you have prepared or been asked to prepare a charge of attempting to pervert the course of justice when a not guilty pleading lying crim has been judged to be lying. Dual standards, or discrimination offend us all. If you are the decent guy caught in the position of enforcing them then you get some flack, deserved or not. I resigned from the health service because in all conscience I was not prepared to carry out what I believed to be discriminatory practices. I'm considerably poorer as a result but it was the only course of action I could take having fought the system for so long on behalf of my patients and made no impression.

I am not slating the Judicial system or the police. I'm just saying how I feel. It may well be that the police are not persecuting the motorist but I can't make an observed driving error or get the paperwork wrong without being treated as guilty and trying to prove my innocence. It would be refreshing to be properly treated like a crim. I would have more rights!

Nigel

P.S. I realy should have learned not to express my personal feelings and just stick to helping people with wiring up their wiper motors etc!

Guest salty_monk

You could try swapping the fine backwards & forwards between you & the real guilty party till they get bored... or say there was more than one driver in the car that day & you don't know who was driving but it could all go wrong & you'll end up with the points yourself...

I would point it at your mate or whoever & then let them decide whether to accept it or to say there was multiple drivers or whatever....

Regarding 'Pepipoo' ... what kinda name is that?.......

Hmm. It's an interesting read and a messy case. However at the end of the day he does not deny he was speeding, and the site is a testement to one individual's protracted attempt to wriggle out of a charge.

I'm surprised that CPS ran the case at all given the quality of evidence presented. I do give him full marks for trying and understand his frustration. But the moral of the story has to be .......

STICK TO THE SPEED LIMIT! :huh:

That was all written (during a break) at work. Now, having seen the video concerned I am amazed that this guy wasn't summoned for Dangerous Driving considering the speeds maintained within a couple of cars lengths from the guy in front. His sarcasm and bitterness clearly haven't helped although his one true gripe remains unanswered, that being why the officer did not try to secure this evidence using the Provida system in the first place.

He got caught speeding and instead of whingeing about it should have just put his hands up to it and accepted the penalty deserved. You got caught - get over it. :gdit: