Sva Disaster

Guest turbo

Guest turbo

Hi All had SVA test today at 8am and it lasted all of 5 mins when he found petrol leaking from the sender gasket in the fuel tank - this was the first time I had filled the tank to the brim and as the tank sits at an angle in 2b plus the petrol was up to the line of the gasket so he told me to come back next Friday with another 50quid. :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :ph34r:

Whats best for sealing the sender to the tank as I have to use self-tappers to attach as my sender also holds my fuel pump?

Thanks Jamie

Guest docter fox

I used a cheap rubber mouse mat, pulled the coloured cloth off and it worked quite well for me :)

sorry to hear about the SVA, better luck next time ;)

Guest chris brown

Halfrauds sell some tank sealer it's two part stuff but once you have used it you wont get the sender out again easily but don’t be tempted to use silicon or any other gasket cement as all I know dissolve in petrol and if it drops in the tank (and it will) it causes all sorts of problems.

Jamie is it leaking from the gasket or the holes where the self tappers are? I don't know about the injection sender unit but if it is basically the same as the standard one I can send you an O ring to use rather than the flat gasket. pm me with your address if you need one.

Peter

The main problem I had with mine was that the sender hole in the tank was as big as any of the gaskets. Peter kindly sent me an O ring which worked well for a while but it soon partly slipped in to the tank and started leaking again.

I have now used a gasket off a Pinto oil filter, has been to Le Mans and back with no leaks.

Andy

Hi I have some proper cork gasket material with rubber in it that I have used with a small amount of blue hylomar which is petrol proof. I can send you some of the gasket cork send me my a PM with your address and I will post you some Back.

How is the DOHC engine and have you any pics of the lowered EFI.

I got my tank from robin hood it had a swirl pot in it with bolts braised to hold the sender in using a Polo mint shaped large washer that clamper the sender to the tank. See this picSEE PIC LINK

I have since ditched the in tank pump and fitted an external swirl pot and a secondary low pressure pump to feed the swirl pot then an in line injection pump i can how drive around round abouts all day.

all the best

Stephen DOHC2B Altwasser

Guest Peejay
The main problem I had with mine was that the sender hole in the tank was as big as any of the gaskets. Peter kindly sent me an O ring which worked well for a while but it soon partly slipped in to the tank and started leaking again.

I have now used a gasket off a Pinto oil filter, has been to Le Mans and back with no leaks.

Andy

I have now used a gasket off a Pinto oil filter

Yes they work well. Had mine in for a number of years

Guest turbo

i am thinking of sealing metal to metal with hermatite red (label claims petrol resistant)as a gasket wont stop petrol coming up the screw threads.

Guest Battery Bill

We used some excellent stuff called PRC which you use in the Aircraft industry

Look Here to see ours sealed, I have a spare tube of it but its a bit late for your test as its tomorrow is it not?

Guest ih007

I has the exact same problem on my plastic tank. I used a cork gasket pad sealed each side with Hermatite Blue (non setting stuff) and the same on the self tappers. Has held tight so far. I only did it the night before the test though, and far be it from me to suggest you hoodwink the tester, but i only filled the tank half way and shorted the wires out so it read full anyway! As i say, it turns out it worked...