Geraldo

Swan Jnr

Guest stu205

just an idea but how about what ever the members raise the club matches?? just a thought im off to post a cheque now!

ps anyone else have a shudder down there spine, after seeing those pics personaly im amazed no one was hurt

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jaffer

I also feel that personal donations are more appropriate, but didn't want to suggest this publically without 'managment' approval, as it might have been club policy to donate corporately, I just didn't know.... Only trying to do things properly... I've obviously been on too many committees!! :wacko:

Will try to organise something later today Alan!

I'm happy to chip in £10 (paypal?)... As for club donating, well I'm afraid I agree with Tim, the loss of 200,000+ lives and the devastation, vs 1 person house/car getting burnt down are hardly anywhere near the same thing! However I did cut myself the other day so if anyone wants to donate to Mat-Aid I'd be very happy.

P.S I don't mind who organises it, but lets at least agree on who it should be. It seems to me as Though Alan Should be the one that all donations go via?

Guest Alan Harrison

Thanks to all those who have responded with donations so quickly.

Thanks Mat for welding this thread at the top.

I'm opening a Natwest account to handle deposits. I expect that this will take a few days to become active. I'll post the account info when I have it and those of you who use internet banking will be able to make direct transfers.

It would be helpfull if you could include your post code as a reference. With this I can produce an audit trail. Anyone can check to make sure that their countribution has not gone astray. It's not to identify individual contributors.

This is a shot of Gerardo's car before the fire.

(click picture to enlarge)

robin37nj.th.jpg

Guest Alan Harrison

Thanks for that correction Mat

PayPay is working correctly

To make a donation go to your PayPal account PayPal log in and click on the SEND MONEY tab.

Fill in the the recipients address as shirazhouse@ntlworld.com then fill in the other fields (amount and currency). Click 'Continue' and follow it through.

I'll acknowledge all donations.

The bank account should be open by Wednesday. (phew 7 page document to fill in this morning)

Thanks to everyone who has already paid. I have quite a few emails to process as soon as I post this.

Cheers

Al

Guest Alan Harrison

I had to return to the bank with my passport today. I've banked with this branch for 21 years, All the tellers address Polly and I by our first names and we know them all and when the childrens birthdays are. My shop is 150m away from the branch. They needed proof of identity!!!!

Things are going well, donations pop up almost every day. I'll have a tot up at the weekend and let you all know the total.

Just to recap Donations can be made:-

PayPay. send to my email address shirazhouse@ntlworld.com

By post to my business

Olney Oriental Carpets

21 High Street South

Olney, Bucks. MK46 4AA

Cheques payable to "RH benefit fund"

Or phone my shop Tuesday to Sunday between 10.00am and 5.00pm to donate by credit card or switch. That's 01234 712502

Hopefully the bank account should be open by Friday for direct transfers but don't hold your breath.

I thought I might keep this running untill the second week in September. Quite a few members only log on when they want help with a build problem. It will give those folk a chance to catch up on Gerardos bad luck.

I know that quite a few of you frequent other 7 sites. If you could make a link back to this article it may help the cause a little. In addition it might sound a word of caution to those that read the story. My own central heating boiler is located in my garage and I'd never thought of it as a posible source of an explosion

Finally

Thank you to all that have contributed. It's heart warming to see such postitive response, but quite frankly I'm not suprised. The RHOCAR members are always ready to step in and help, and in double quick time. What a great community...

Al.

PS

Nat West. It's Al with the rug shop just along the street; not Al-Qaeda

Guest jonbeedle

Hi,

I found a link to this post on the Locostbuilders forum so I thought I'd join up just so that I could ask if there was anything I could do to help? I'm happy to bung in a tenner for the collection. If enough people do this, he can buy a new kit.

Could someone let me know where to send my money to?

I've just about finished my build and I would be gutted if it happened to me.

Cheers

Jon