Stolen Hood

Peter Bell

I had my car taken from my locked garage (Bedford) in the early hours of saturday morning. It is a Mk1 S7 stainless with red (faded) wings and nose. red interior carpeting, original plywood seats, registration DCW 291Y. Just in case anyone happens to notice one appearing somewhere, just parked, or in a ditch. I informed the police at 7:30 am on saturday, admittedly I had to go out that afternoon for a few hours and informed them so but I still haven't been visited, and they. I haven't heard of a Hood being nicked before, is this a first?

Peter. :gdit: :boohoo:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest micky bigthumbs

Sorry to hear that peter it should be easy to spot..ive been on holiday and i think someone has been driving mine while i was away it has a front wheel wobble and the torsion bar may have been knocked back, as if a kerb has been clipped and the spare wheel has been bent back and i could not release the pop studs on the hood. Also my Mondeo was backed against the drive gates this was about four feet from the gates. waiting for speed camera pics to start comming in.and it has done 126miles on the speedo. i've just been checking with my neighbours.and Jase came to visit saturday and the gates were open then and i didnt work out how he could see my trailer.must pm him

Mick

Peter,

Sorry to hear about your loss, that's the second time you have been a victim of theft recently. I am really sorry. I only hope your car turns up soon and unharmed.

I guess the Hoody network is so big through this website that they will be caught if they try to sell it.

Steve

Hi Peter

Sorry to hear off your loss.

Keep a look out on the auction sites like e-bay.

My car was broken into last week and the stereo and mobile phone were stolen(I know you shouldn't leave in the car but it was in a centre consul glove box, I didn't what to take into restaurant) 1 day later both items for sale on e-bay from a local seller, reported to police they weren't interested unless i could prove it, so I bought the stereo back through a friend then they had no choice but to visit guy, hopefully get it all back now.

Keep pestering them!!

Get some pics posted on here and the other sites on the net, and hopefully you will have it back in now time.

Good luck

Jeff.

Sorry to here about this Peter, it must be heartbreaking, keep us informed and as said before we'll all keep our eye's open.

Oh and I'd like to apologise for my reply in the caption competition, I'm sure their doing the best they can :) .

Guest peter2b2002

Sorry to hear of your loss, there are some real toe rags out there. another thing to watch out for , last night 3 cars in my village had the petrol nicked out of their tanks.

happy Hooding Pete2b

WooHoo it has been found! some time this morning parked in a quiet street not far away. Thank you all so much for all your kind thoughts. It is with a recovery company at the mo waiting for scenes of crime officers to look at it, but as it was out in the rain last night dont suppose they will find much. Had a quick look it seems ok, sump intact, side screen missing and a few new scratches, will have to wait to see if it has any oil pressure.

Thats really bad news Micky if someone has 'Borrowed' your car too, if it was a tin top it is sort of ok but a Hood is like one of your children!

Peter