Nice Car Mate!

Guest Tim Norman

My sister normally names my families cars. She is away doing a PHD and hasn't really seen it since it passed SVA and so its mostly refered to as kit.

My second 2B/04 is called Tintaglia. I was reading "Ship of Destiny" by Robin Hobb when I ordered it, ship of destiny has a blue and silver dragon called Tintaglia in it. The second 2B/04 is blue and stainless (like the first) and is going to feature a V8. So it will roar like a dragon and quite possible spit flames. This also explains my recent addition of an avatar, in time I will get a grill made from it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refer to mine as 'ma bit*h'

why... because she's given me nothing but grief over the last year... I'm emotionally scared... she's cost me a small fortune and when I have bought her something new she goes and breaks something else.

... But I still love her to bits :wub:

I didn't have a name for my, at the moment embryonic, car. Then I told one of my friends' wife about it and she instantly named it "Gary" :blink: Well, she is

Japanese! :rolleyes: It's such a bad name, inappropriate and unexplained, that it has stuck, of course :p Gary The Lightweight, hmmm?

Guest Phil Slater

I'd thought of Marion - as in Maid - it being a Robin Hood and all :wub: Or is that too corny????

A mate of mine, in Australia, has a Marlin Belinetta called "Fluff" - his wife said it was "his bit of Fluff"cos he spent more time and money on it than on her and he thought more of it than her. Sentiments I believe my wife would relate to, if I dared ask her :unsure: , so Floosie could be an option :p

Don't have a name for the Hood but my Mini's called Cromwell. That's down to it being a bit like Cromwells axe (only two new handles and three new heads since the man himself held it). It was re-shelled with a heritage body in the late 80's so that ain't original. The engine and box are from a Metro, the interior is stuff that I've bought from various places, the brakes are Cooper S, the wheels are aftermarket alloys, the rear subframe is new, the front subframe is a good second hand item, the suspension is all new. About the only original parts are the vin tags (which I've bought new ones for and am about to get them stamped). But hey - it's tax exempt.

Iain