Engine Mounting Bushes - Sierra

Guest RoborRoss

Guest RoborRoss

Has anyone got a pair of these sitting around gathering dust?

29edeead8ef0671d3f17156b826c6aa4_zpse1a33e30.jpg

......or have a link to somewhere I can buy a pair cheap. The only ones I can find seem to have the cosworth premium tax included!

Guest RoborRoss

I'm just assuming they are sierra as that was the donor car. Google shows plenty just like it, but all say sierra cosworth. Can u replace just the rubbers? Looks fixed into the housing.

according to info they are 4x4 cossie ones. completely different to 2wd and other sierras .like you say not cheap burton do vibra technics ones. but they aint cheap neither.

mine are one thread top one thread bottom big rubber mount.like this vvvvvv

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sierra+engine+mount&FORM=HDRSC2#view=detail&id=2A1266C9F45B5C123E78F113A38CCDF92B72B6E1&selectedIndex=71

They were fitted to the very early sierras but are now only listed as cosworth items. I'd be trying to find something else that can be modified or fitted to that mounting plate to bolt it in position. Land rover v8 mounts are less than a tenner for two.

Guest RoborRoss

Could you use two add a plate to join with a large bolt or threadded bar giving center thread to engine mount arm.

Stephen

Way too big then. Will take a look at paddock tomoz. As long as I ca get a couple of turns of thread! Kidding :-)