Anyone Know This Car?

Guest youngsterS3

Guest carl leonard
definitely a sliding pillar

Yes its a 2B/4.

Tim Norman's car was originally this configuration until he changed it. I'm sure he'll be along later to let you know how it drives etc..

Carl.

Guest youngsterS3

thanks so far

one more thing if someone can help..

I have a narrow shared driveway to get through. could someone with a similar 2B measure the maximum width at the back ( I assume this will be the same as my new 3 as it is dependent on the sierra bits, but just in case) the width at the front and the wheel base?

I can then compare it to my 3 so I know that if I get a 2B it will fit through the gap!

cheers

Chris

Guest carl leonard
thanks so far

one more thing if someone can help..

I have a narrow shared driveway to get through. could someone with a similar 2B measure the maximum width at the back ( I assume this will be the same as my new 3 as it is dependent on the sierra bits, but just in case) the width at the front and the wheel base?

I can then compare it to my 3 so I know that if I get a 2B it will fit through the gap!

cheers

Chris

The top wish bones don't look like the original sliding pillar but I'll reserve judgement!!!

Carl.

Guest Alan_builder
The top wish bones don't look like the original sliding pillar but I'll reserve judgement!!!

Carl.

Hi Carl,

Sorry :huh: its a pillock.

1. The lower wish bone you are looking at is 38mm!
  2. There is no lower wishbone swinging point!
  3. There is no upper wishbone swinging point!
  4. The wishbones are no where near parallel so would jam if there were joins at the corners!

So it a pillock.

I :wub: my 2B/4 :rhsc:

Guest youngsterS3

thanks all,

I reckon from what you have said and other reading, if I am to go for a 2b i ideally want to go for a wishbone one, or know I will want to swap it. I guess also a SS one.

I've seen a couple more around too, this one took my interest. Any opinions on a 'factory' (whoever that is) vs private build, I know what I put into getting my 3 on the road, do I know the other person has, especially if it is a couple of owners down the line. Also any opinions on the standard ford injection system? can you program the ecu?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1584623.htm

cheers

Chris

Guest mower man

Answer to suspension query AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH! please under stand this is my personal opinion if you have one like it and it works for you I apologise regards mower man 8P :crazy: :sorry:

Guest Alan_builder
Any opinions on a 'factory' (whoever that is) vs private build,

The factory built would be Robin Hood Sports Cars / GBS (Great British Sports cars).

You may find a factory built car to be middle of the road rather than one from either end of the build quality with a private builder/ owner.

Also any opinions on the standard ford injection system? can you program the ecu?

This is adequate for the job, but remember it is 30 years old so not the latest thinking or performance, however still better than most carb arrangements, better economy and starting and should have the same performance as a carb.

No the ECU is not adjustable and hence the Ford injection limits the cam that can be used. It is cheap reliable and performs well on the Pinto.

Have money to burn then-

MegaSquirt then use what cam you like and as many sensors to get ultimate performance and economy. At this point change the engine as well?

Don't reject the 2B/4 because it has mini McPherson Struts, lots of good rally cars use them and unless you are on the track the road holding is up to the job, any way the 2B is more of a tourer than a race car.

I :wub: my :rhsc: