Robin Hood Lightweight Support?

Guest diyer

Hi Guys, anyone else have difficulty getting help/advice/support/any interest at all from Robin Hood?????

Bought my lightweight kit back in August, and have progressed well - engine in and rolling. But try getting any questions answered by RH is just impossible.....for example.."email - where did you get the seats from in your demo car?" answer - no answer....its hardly a difficult one!!!

Let alone the exhaust manifold i have ordered, bought and paid for....and have since found out hasn't even been designed yet!!!

They arn't even interested in my progress or feedback on the build!!

Come on RH - the lightweight is a new concept - i would of thought you would be interested.

I really want to give some constructive feedback to RH - in the form of a finished lightweight car and sing its praises, but that is looking unlikely!!!

Simon

Welcome to the world of Robinhood.

This has always been a problem, even when Richard was in charge, at least Richard knew most of the answers, okay some times he could be abrupt, but that was Richard.

As for waiting for the manifold, sounds familier, i waited 7 weeks for the Vicky green loom, and wish i had spent the other £40 and bought one from either SVC or Premier, as the online help turned out to be a forum where you posted your queries and let other builders answer your questions.

But dont dispair, you are one of the first to build, and members of the club will offer help and advice where we can.

keep at it you will get there, yes RHSC should offer help when needed, but soon you will have a car that you built, and have others swarming over it at the shows asking you for advice on how it went together.

Simon, fill in your location, there maybe others in you area that could call and help with some of your questions,

and the seats could be from rally design ;)

MItch

thanks, will do.

Its questions about SVA too...i know they have sva'd a lightweight, but i really want to know if there is anything i can build in to the car as i go along- from RH's experience of sva ing that particular design. - if that makes sense!!!!

Simon

Guest chris brown

Hi Simon

It would seem that for all of the fine words the customer support has not improved and in fact seems to have deteriorated since the new owners took over. As Mitch said Richard could be very abrupt and the answer you got very often was “you’ll find a way to do it” but at other times he was good and helpful. My advice would be to stick with the club (this) site, we have several lightweight builders and it is a steep learning curve for you all. We had the same problems a few years ago with the first 2B's.

As for advice on SVA I believe the advice given for the 2B translates directly over to the lightweight so search "SVA" should give you lots of advice.

I also think that most of the work on the 2B is exactly the same as the Lightweight i.e. electrics, fuel, brakes, drive train (if using car engine) etc.

Thanks guys.

I would really like to survey how many lightweighters there are, and find out how far they have progressed. Things like the handbrake position, which the dvd says to put in the passenger knee area, which i think is a better place than on the tunnel - but i think this might be difficult to reach for when belted up in a harness - which may have sva implications???

ARGGGGGGHHHH ha ha ha

thanks again

Simon

Hi Simon,

The 2B has exactly the same issue.

Many have repositioned it on the tunnel top, because of SVA failures.

Is this an option with the lightweights sheet construction?

I'm sure there are various pictures around which may help.

Fitting an inertia seat belt may let you reach it in the passeneger foot well.

Bob

HI again

Okay as the old man says (thats Chris by the way) alot of items will be the same as other models, the hand brake being one, i personally like you was a bit unsure on the floor mounted version, so i have a tunnel top one, both work and both have passed SVA, if mounting to the floor, its a good idea to tilt the angle of it so its at its off position when its on, if you get my meaning.

Is been covered on here a few times maybe a search or a look at bills website for tips.

Another thing, if you join the club Tim (or Sue) will send you a list of members in your area. Who could offer help and advice (also empty your house of tea and biscuits) as well as getting cheaper insurance once on the road and a full colour mag 4 times a year, also come to the shows and introduce yourself to the other fools sorry Hoodies

You never know there could be another Lw just around the corner who hasnt got internet conection and is looking for advice and help too

Mitch

I've emailed RH several times over the last month and got no reply. So I called them today. Apparently they have a massive back log of mails from over the oliday o catch up with ;)