Stoneleigh Highlights

Joel

Great day at Stoneleigh today - the sun even made it out sporadically B)

Highlights - the aluminium bodied Tiger was stunning, definately want one of those :D Good to see Richard Stewart back on the scene with his new Mondeo based - Cobra influenced thing. The new GBS lightweight chassis looked good, and the new style nosecone does look better in the flesh, but they really need to improve the finish of their show cars :huh: And what the hell was powering the Rush on the Dax stand - it looked like a jet turbine??

B)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent day. 4 of us started in Leicester, ended up with about 12 in convoy by the time we were on the A46. Didn't queue to get in.

Great to see the usual faces, also really good to finally meet some others - Longboarder and I spent quite a while dicussing the merits and woes of running zetecs (its not all plain sailing!).

I noticed an idler pulley on its way out on mine at Stoneleigh, decided to chance it back and just about made it, was screaming like a good 'un by the time I got home. I'd over tightened the fanbelt.

Poor Andy White sheared his prop 5 miles from home so there were the usual casualties.

Brilliant turn out as usual on our stand. Left at 2.15 and missed the rain as well. Bonus.

Andy

Had a good day (and night), from what i saw of the show, it seemed a little improved on last year, had a good chat with Richard Stewart, quite like his new "project", he cant get away from the stainless panels though,

Unfortunatly had to leave on Sunday night.

had fun getting in with the tintop, tried to get in as NW support car, and we did have a kit but it was in pieces in the boot :rofl: but they wouldnt have it, wanted £20 each of me and Robbo, asked if he was a passenger in kit was it £15 for camping, he said yes, so i kicked robbo out and made him get in Andys cobra, guys face was a picture, but tighwad saved a fiver.you can but try i suppose

got most of the stuff i was after, including my nice shiny manifold from cyroman, fitted with my gsxr carbs jetted cleaned and ready to go, cheers Nige,

see you all at the next one, hopefully in the kit next time.

Mitch

Guest Bazwaz

Just finished unpacking. A good weekend with good company and plenty of laughs.

Ian enjoyed his freash cream bbq'd banana.

And Aquqman came prepard for the night.

post-77-1178553575_thumb.jpg

post-77-1178553728_thumb.jpg

Guest Dan_Beeston

Excellent show I thought! However me being my typically useless self completely forgot to track down most of the guys I promised beer to for all the help during my build, will try harder next show I promise!

I also discovered the joys of driving hoods in heavy rain for the first time, as I exited a Coventry roundabout backwards! :fool:

Guest gdc

i would echo the thoughts of thoes before me and thank the members for a great weekend.

it was interesting as rich said to put faces to avatars, some( very strange )

but the banter was excellent and aquaman in his full condom well he was prepaired for any thing.

lost my wing stays and came home with no front wings, a bit wet with no screen a 2 rooster tails from the front wheels?

ohh and i won the draw!!!!!!!

regards graham

its the first time i've been to stoneleigh - its big isn't it?

did saturday afternoon til sunday evening, really enjoyed it.

loads of nice lookin machinery on show but i must be content with my hood cos nothing made me want to buy one ^_^

good to put some faces to names and sit round drinking beer with friends til daft o'clock in the morning :drinks:

Steve

Guest shane1664

Excellent day out. Was my first trip to stoneleigh and enjoyed it from the start as we followed a couple of westfields from Newark on the A46 all the way there. Got a lot of inspiration from all the hoodies cars, mine wants to be like them when she grows up! ^_^

Cheers for the boot template Rich, and i'll see some more faces at Newark... shame mine wont quite be ready for then :(

Next year though 8)

Shane

Guest chris n's missus

stoneleigh 2007 was even better than 2006.

can't really say if thats true about the machines and bits on display but the camping out for 2 nights was better this year than last. met up with old friends, made some new ones and a good time was had by all i think (expect for the weather this morning). it was definately a lot warmer than last year anyway :D

Guest sparkt

First time for me and soninlaw at stoneleigh ( ITS BIG ) got there about 10.30 in the tintop as hood under repair, what a great day see some friends had a chat lots to see and dogot home about 19.30 on sunday