#1 gazza1591

gazza1591

Getting there Builder

• Community user
  • 96 posts
  • Car type:robin hood

Posted 18 May 2017 - 01:46 PM

Hi all

Was thinking to build a zero, but with tight budget was thinking to buy a 2b that's all ready to go, how does the chassis on the 2b hole due I have read they are kit the best? Can stress fracture easy? Also what's the room like in one compared to the zero? Can't find dimensions of the 2b and zero to compare them, I'm 6ft1 and we'll built so wondering if I will even fit in a 2b??

#2 Dave Ed

Dave Ed

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 17
  • 266 posts
  • Car type:Exmo days from an mot. its been like that for 5 years !

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:53 PM

The 2b was designed to take a full sized car seat so width shouldn't be an issue. The leg room should be ok too and I'm sure that someone on here will testify to that too.
The zero comes in two sizes, the GT being slightly wider so if you're looking for a built one then that's the one to look for.
There are monthly meets in a variety of locations so your best bet is to try and attend one and ask politely if you can try some out for size.
Hope this helps
Dave
time is relative, it's the distance that screws me up !

#3 gazza1591

gazza1591

Getting there Builder

• Community user
  • 96 posts
  • Car type:robin hood

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:55 PM

Cheers dave for the reply, I was more worried about the leg room than anything else

#4 maccavvy

maccavvy

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 17
  • 1,963 posts
  • Car type:Holden monaro and a Ford f150 lariat v8

Posted 18 May 2017 - 04:31 PM

im 6 ft 3 inch and 15 stone.. nicko is taller than me maybe a bit heaveier too lol :D  :D  :D ..we both have plenty of legroom in a 2b

2b sold .... awaiting new arrival

#5 Alantoon

Alantoon

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 17
  • 315 posts
  • Car type:Robin Hood Exmo.Robin Hood S7 Dolomite Sprint

Posted 18 May 2017 - 06:59 PM

If you are worried about the strength of the 2B chassis, my friend demolished a wooden telegraph pole side on with his and he walked away with only a cracked rib. They are by far the strongest of the 7-type chassis in my opinion.

#6 DanE

DanE

Electrickery master

• RHOCaR 17
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,294 posts
  • Car type:ssc

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:49 PM

I had a v8 jag sovereign rear end my 2b I was nearly stopped he was doing 40mph his jag was worse off. I survived all be it with a sore head and neck... basically very strong

Ssc stylus with a supercharged zetec 242bhp and 253ft lb of wheel spin..

#7 agent_zed

agent_zed

Wheely good builder!

• Community user
  • 2,648 posts
  • Car type:2B with double wishbones

Posted 18 May 2017 - 08:52 PM

I'm also 6'1"  and fit the 2b no problems. If you are building yourself you can make the panels hug the gearbox a little more for some more space. The drivers side is longer anyway and the pedals are quite high up so you can put your foot under the clutch when you are cruising.

#8 Megadodo

Megadodo

Wheely good builder!

• RHOCaR 17
  • 870 posts
  • Car type:2B Plus, BMW E36 318is, BMW E46 M3 SMG, BMW E46 320i Touring

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:09 AM

I'm 6 foot 2 and fit my 2B fine although I would disagree that it takes normal width seats. I initially bought some Recaros from a Rover and they simply wouldn't go in. You can "force" the sierra donor seats in but you sit right to the outside of the chassis if you do.

There are not enough hours in the day to spend in the garage!

http://s772.photobuc...os%202B%20plus/

#9 agent_zed

agent_zed

Wheely good builder!

• Community user
  • 2,648 posts
  • Car type:2B with double wishbones

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:15 PM

My seats are the orginal sierra seats (grey velour - think they are made by recaro but aren't the fancy named ones) and they sit in there without a problem. In fact the only reason i keep them is because they are so comfortable. I've often thought about some bucket seats and wondered if i would feel as comfortable.

I had to modify them slightly by removing the seat adjuster (i've got them in a position i like anyway) and there are no runners so they are bolted to the floor to fit me but otherwise they fit with no problems in my car. They fit in the hole centrally so i dont feel i am to the outside of the chassis but perhaps you tried a different type of seat to the ones i have.

There are so many seats from the little hot hatches etc, on ebay now though it shouldn't be hard to find some to suit.