L/w Strengthening

Guest ScotMac

Total mass will be 300 + 310 = 610kg if the weights were mesured at the same time.

If one was done then the other then the total weight may vary a little if one end of the car was higher than the other while the weight was taken. i.e. the front is lower while the front is weighed and the back is lower while the back is weighed.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point Elwe, you're absolutely right. Although, I think the angle would have to

be pretty steep on such a low slung car before this had a big effect. Also, it would

work the other way around if the front was higher while the front was weighed and the

back was higher while the back was weighed, making the results lower.

Can anyone say if their axle weights were taken with the car at an angle?? And was the

car hitched up onto the scales or pointing down to the scales??? :huh:

Pete B)

Guest timswait

As I remember (it was about 5 years ago) the car was pretty flat on the scales, but I was sat in it and it had a full tank of fuel. This probably makes up the 80-90kg difference between SVA weights and quoted dry weights. Also I wonder if Bill's car had him and Joey sat in it when they weighed it! ;)

How come these lightweights are coming out so heavy? They're only about 100kg lighter than a 2B, I thought the difference would be more than that.

hi all

the car was at a slight angle as the wheels were in the brake rollers at the time of weighing.

the car had a full tank (3gall).

the figure of 100kg difference between a 2b and the lightweight is i think about what i was told by richard at gbs it may have been more not sure praps i ought to ask him.

but i supose if you think about it the difference can only be in the tub as the other items ie engine box ect are the same.and there is a lot of sheet alloy in the lightweight ,even so 220 lbs is quite a lot of weight saving.

regards graham

Guest salty_monk

On a trackday that a few lbs heavier than that in the passenger seat plus spare wheel & screen almost made up the difference between a standard 1.8 2b & a modified 2l 2b.... probably 250lb equated to about 20 - 25BHP as a guesstimate.

Dan :)

hi dan

to put the weight difference into perspective .

if you were to put a pallett with 100 bags of sugar on the lightweight it would weight about the same as a 2b

that 220 lbs has got to make a difference, and on a fully kitted 2b the weight difference is going to be conciderably more.

you just have to go to the larder and hold a couple of bags to get the idea of the weight.

but as you know i am a bit biased and realy like the concept.

regards graham

hi

i went to the local dvla office today (on strike yesterday) gave them my insurance and mac and £138 and they gave me a nice 56 plate .

went and got the plates and now finally totaly legal.

just need to sort out the jetting on the 45s and were done .

well as done as any hood ,till the next thing crops up,

please will you all accept my sincerest thanks for all the good will wishes, messages of encouragement,

information gleened from the site, but most of all i think the hoodie way of make mend and addapt.

sincerest best regards graham

Guest ScotMac

WTG!!! And what is this about the "fair weather" in the UK...does that happen??? ;)

Can't wait to hear how it does on a track (or w/ no one else around on a old country road).

Let us know.

-Scot :)

Guest salty_monk

Usually more reliable to plan for rain than sun, especially this time of year but it's been known :)

Graham are you doing the Barkston track day? Be interested to see what time you post with it.

Dan :)

hi pete

the prob is that the insurance has demanded a thatham allarm and imobiliser be fitted ,

thats being fitted on monday afternoon, another half day off?

and the new dissy and carb s are being set up on thursday.

i would love to blat it over to baldock on sunday ,but the thought of a holed piston is stopping me .

what i may do is bring the 2b over not as exciting but a run out.

ill try to get the wife to ride shotgun as the 2b has only done 12 miles since finnished.

the imobiliser is required because of the cost of the build and poss replacement should it be nicked.

and i know i have spent tooooooo much but i felt to achieve the result was too important to spoil the ship for a hapeth of tar.

wheather the car looks like the 12 k spent i dont know my peirs will make that judjment and prob voice their opinions.

hopefully see you sunday ,

beast regards graham

hi

well took the pillock to baldock today and met up with some of the lads , ohh and lassies.

its the first time i have driven a 7 style for more than a couple of miles ,

i hope the lightweight will be more fulfilling if i keep the 2b the front end will be removed and placed in a skip!!!!!!, its the only propper place for it, and the rear needs some work also ,

as for the 1800pinto my vans quicker ,

but all in all i did enjoy the run i still have that grin!"

but most of all i am still shivering ,the sun was out but it was so cold!

prahaps im a bit of a wuss , but rode bikes for years i dont remember ever being that cold,

regards graham

Guest Ian & Carole

Graham <_<

Cold is nothing in a Hood :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just wait till you get wet and cold :( :( :( :(

First ride out in ours and parked at the Notts area meet and returnded to find 3" of water in seats and torrential rain for all the 40 mile ride home!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ph34r: :ph34r:

Hot shower bottle of wine each and we still laugh about it 3 yrs later and the grin is just as big.

Just chopped off our slidding pillar after 3years!!!

Will have to wait and see the difference.

Back on road in time for Stoneleigh.

Ian J