Announcement !

Guest dbs

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what I meant to say was " the kit contains much that is c**p".

For example, what is the point of supplying the Zimmerframes when for a little bit more you could supply decent shockers?

And another example : Despite achieving the magic measurement from top of screen over rollbar and down to boot lid the roof does not fit.

And another example : despite a swirl pot being put in the RHE tank, it still gets fuel starvation on RH bends.

And again : rust on the front headlight units, rust on the "stainess" panels.

Lack of chassis structure under the floorpan.

Indifferent fit of plasma cut panels (no excuse for this - those machines are accurate).

Supplying non SVA compliant parts (eg, exhaust, mirrors, etc).

The windscreen to scuttle fit - it's 1" wider!

Need I go on?

Yes, it's fun and there is a tremendous sense of pride when you get your MAC. And Bill really is a wonderful person. Honest. But the attention to detail, the sourcing of these cheap components - that's cr*p. I'm objecting because I have to buy them twice - once in the kit, then again to replace them because they're rubbish (especially those shockers!).

I'm not saying anyone's finished car is rubbish, although poorly built examples exist - as Bill demonstrates with the red car. It's the kit itself and the quality of the components that I raise questions about. Sorry if that isn't towing the Party line.

Well, yes. I do like the car that I built, and all the other pretty examples, but I see nothing wrong with the way I worded it. If others want to infer I'm casting aspersions on their build quality when in fact I am not, that is their problem, not mine.

And Bill, before you have a go at me, I just want to say that although I have not seen your car in the flesh, it's obvious to me it is a far better quality build than my own!

I think what I meant to say was " the kit contains much that is c**p".

For example, what is the point of supplying the Zimmerframes when for a little bit more you could supply decent shockers?

And another example : Despite achieving the magic measurement from top of screen over rollbar and down to boot lid the roof does not fit.

And another example : despite a swirl pot being put in the RHE tank, it still gets fuel starvation on RH bends.

And again : rust on the front headlight units, rust on the "stainess" panels.

Lack of chassis structure under the floorpan.

Indifferent fit of plasma cut panels (no excuse for this - those machines are accurate).

Supplying non SVA compliant parts (eg, exhaust, mirrors, etc).

The windscreen to scuttle fit - it's 1" wider!

the sourcing of these cheap components - that's cr*p. I'm objecting because I have to buy them twice - once in the kit, then again to replace them because they're rubbish (especially those shockers!).

Well said John (this is getting a habit! keep agreeing with him!)

A lot of the problems wouldn't take much to sort out, and YES! those shockers aren't "fit for purpose" in my opinion.