Newark Show

Guest nightracer35

Guest nightracer35

can any 1 please tell me roughly how much it is to pitch a tent for 1night at the show?? (i will be goin in my tin top) many thanks

ron

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Trevor 2B
Try this link - camping is free

If you want to camp Friday night, according to this you have to pay for two days entry (£16!!!). :o

Newark Camping

Sorry to be a grumpy sod, but when will some show organisers realise that owners club displays make up a big part of the attraction their show and should be supported, not extorted!!! :gdit: :gdit:. From what I see on the website you have to pay to get in regardless if you are in a kit car or not! :angry:

Even Stoneleigh only wants a £5 for all weekend camping!!! :gdit: :gdit:

Guest Bob's Babe

camping is free, it says that you pay for admission.....sounds very cheeky to make kit drivers pay :gdit:

Obviously.....you will only be camping for the one night :rolleyes: and visiting the show on Saturday, before realising that the car is broken and you have to stay to Sunday to fix it ;)

SUE :wub:

June edition of KitCar magazine has an advert for Newark that says free entry to the drivers of all kit, classic, american and custom cars (only at the exhibitors gate). I assume passengers have to pay normal admission prices.

Guest nightracer35

thanks for replies just rang newark number, you have to pay for the 2 days but if you leave on sat eve you get £8 back

many thanks ron

Guest micky bigthumbs

It is free entry i emailed promotions here is the reply

Hi Mick,

If you are an owner (and not a kit car manufacturer) yes, entarance is free

for the driver of the vehicle that is being put on display, only the

passengers (if any) pay admission to the show.

Best Regards

Kevin Musson

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Guest Trevor 2B
thanks for replies just rang newark number, you have to pay for the 2 days but if you leave on sat eve you get £8 back

many thanks ron

Sorry but they are still taking the P{$$. :angry:

What would their show be like if not one club turned up? A bit thin on the ground.

I think Stoneleigh is a fair comparison. They provide shower facilities, live music, etc, which is a fair comparison to Newark. And as I have already pointed out Stoneleigh charge £5 regardless of how long you stay...... :gdit: Not 'we might give you half of your £16 back if you leave after one day'.

I was going but if this is their attitude to kit owners, I am not going now. :angry:

(Col W will be relieved as I have been badgering him to come along as a passenger :p )

Guest micky bigthumbs

Trevor most kit shows let the car and driver in free and they all charge for camping ... newark is free entry for car and driver the live entertainment etc is in with the camping price

Mick

Guest Trevor 2B

Micky

I am not disputing a 'nominal' (as in Stoneleigh's £5) charge towards showers, entertainment, etc, but what I am objecting to is the charging of two days entry (i.e. £16) if you arrive Friday evening, with perhaps a refund if you leave Saturday evening, and the level of that charge. :angry:

Part of the shows value is the display of owners club, and I feel the organisers should recognise this. It would leave a big hole in the display if the owners clubs was to boycott it. :blink:

Seeing, meeting & talking to owners is part of many kit buyers decision process. And if there are no clubs to talk to, manufacturers may not sell so many cars, and therefore not display at shows. ;)

T2B

Guest Bazwaz
Part of the shows value is the display of owners club, and I feel the organisers should recognise this. It would leave a big hole in the display if the owners clubs was to boycott it. :blink:

Trevor,

If you go in a kit car both camping and entrance (driver) is free. You can't get fairer than that. It's only if you go in a tin top and camp that you have to pay. Talking of boycotts is a bit strong.

Guest Trevor 2B
Trevor,

If you go in a kit car both camping and entrance (driver) is free. You can't get fairer than that. It's only if you go in a tin top and camp that you have to pay. Talking of boycotts is a bit strong.

Bazwaz

Not trying to start any boycott.....was just outlining a 'what if' scenario. We should not undervalue the value of a club display to both the show organisers and the manufacturers. :D

Of how I read the website...and the replies above appear to agree.....the entry is free for kit car drivers, but the camping is charged for. :angry: I have read their website and see no exclusion to camping charges if you are in a kit car. :huh:

However, if I can be shown otherwise I will happily apologise and climb back in my box........ :ph34r:

Guest Ian & Carole

Bobs babe 11/06/2006

camping is free,

We have never paid for camping if in the hood yet.

Turn up in a tin top and need an overdraught to pay the charge :ph34r: :gdit:

ie £40.00 for 2 nights at Stoneleigh .

Parking: FREE, Camping: FREE, Friday & Saturday from the offical web site see post above about three down.

Ian J

actually 2nd post down.

get your tent out and get your self there.

Ian J

Guest Trevor 2B

Tent still in the attic at the mo.... :D

You have been sucked in by a nice piece of marketing.....

Parking FREE - (i.e. you can park your car for free - YIPPEE :D )

Camping FREE - (once you have paid the admission charge - as pointed out by Bob's Babe above)

This link says you pay and does not give any exceptions.....

Newark Camping

I assume if you arrive on the Saturday and don't tell the gate you are camping, you are just let in as a normal 'daytime' only kit car owner, which I realise is free?