Pi***d Off Of Romford

Guest Andy Hamilton

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andy Hamilton

OK, so after 3 years and 3 months of Rhocar membership, I have changed my avatar!!!

you were all right, I should have changed it years ago, and I was holding onto it for sentimental reasons.

My new avatar relates more to my area of speciality. Any comments/problems with this one? :D :D

Guest klaxon

Sorry to change the subject back to Zimmerframes, which is what the thread was about, if I remember right.

There was a mention of moving the lower mount further inboard to increase the ride height. This may work to some extent but bear in mind that you will also increase the leverage that the wishbone excerts on the spring, thus compressing the spring more. So this route can be self-defeating and hasten the path to becoming springbound.

Any comments?

Incidently, I heard that RHSC are selling a full set of Gaz/Avos at a reasonable price. does anyone have more info.

Guest Andy Hamilton

I spoke to Clive last week, and they are doing a full set of Gaz shocks, specially selected for the 2b for..... £350 I think it was. Which by my reckoning is a reasonable price. ;)

I think I paid ~£200 just for my front AVO's

I just didn't want a full set at this time

I came up with the same conclusion as you with regards the 'move the lower mount inboard' I thought it would just compress the spring even more.

Get your wallet out, it is a much easier option!

now I am sounding like a (edited) 'more expensive kitcar' owner :p :p

Guest timswait

Moving them inboard will slightly increase the wheel/spring ratio, so ideally yes you would need to increase the spring rate to match. However, I reckon this would be pretty slight compared to the amount it raises the car, so it might help.

£350 is about the going rate for a set of Gaz, I paid £357 including postage for a set from Rally Design.