Exmo Plus - Double Wishbone!

Guest georgey101
Well it's been two days of serious sweat (in this heat), but work is just about complete on my double wishbone mod for my Exmo :-

Hi Mat

Very nice, but how long have you extended the Exmo? Looks pretty long, not that I'm criticising. How long before road test? Very interested in the outcome. Keep up the good work.

By the way did you receive my Email Re: the Exmo front shocks?

The front wheels are forward by about 2" or so, so nothing major. The nose cone will requre a little bit cut out of the top and bottom to fit around the 50mm box, aka 2b style.

George, got the email, but it's been 2 really long days, and I now have 59 itmes in my in box to deal with :)

Guest georgey101
The front wheels are forward by about 2" or so, so nothing major. The nose cone will requre a little bit cut out of the top and bottom to fit around the 50mm box, aka 2b style.

George, got the email, but it's been 2 really long days, and I now have 59 itmes in my in box to deal with :)

No probs Mat, whenever. Cheers!

No, it's not welded to the main body, it's a complete seperate frame that bolts on.

More pics at http://matthew.augier.info/index.php?album...FExmo_wishbones

The bottom is bolted into the existing rack mount, with two flanges under the car that will be drilled and fixed once the engine bay panels are in position. The top is mounted via 4 captive bolts to the current subframe, and the bottom arm is actually mounted to the original body position, but further in than the original mount. All looks solid enough, and remember that there is less than 200kg weight on each wheel. (Except when you are braking, but then the weight is the same but the forces are different)

Guest robinperks

Wow that looks stunning! Well done!

I have recently aquired a set of wishbones from an academy caterham, i was thinking about reversing them due to the fact that the rear bar of the wishbone is almost identical length as the sierra, but wasnt sure what affect this would have on the strength on the wishbone? however looking at this bolt on idea seems the way! Does it realistically make any difference to the handling etc having the car a bit longer? cheers Rob

Guest georgey101

Seen it in the flesh today, most impressive, I can't wait to hear how well it performs. Well done Mat. thanks for the coffee's an' the Airshow. An ' not forgetting the parts. Cheers Mate!