Bike Powered Lotus 7

Guest DanRyalls

Guest DanRyalls

Hi guys,

I know its not RH but hopefully you can help!!!

I am after a bike powered type 7 car. I want to be able to buy the kit with everything included to build the car (engine, seat, wheels, bolts, etc etc) The usual criteria apply ie want to spend as little money as possible but to get a good spec track car.

What would you advise????

looked on Stuart Taylor, MK, Tiger but none of them seem to explain clearly what I would be gettingm for my cash.

HELP PLEASE

thanks!

Guest Stuart Ainslie
Hi guys,

I know its not RH but hopefully you can help!!!

I am after a bike powered type 7 car. I want to be able to buy the kit with everything included to build the car (engine, seat, wheels, bolts, etc etc) The usual criteria apply ie want to spend as little money as possible but to get a good spec track car.

What would you advise????

looked on Stuart Taylor, MK, Tiger but none of them seem to explain clearly what I would be gettingm for my cash.

HELP PLEASE

thanks!

[Rizla mode on]

Try Marc Nordon of MNR Racing - 01423 780196

Hi,

I recently met a chap who is building an MK Indy with a Honda Fireblade engine. I went to look at it last week - it's a very nice kit! The fibreglass bodywork seems to fit very well and the chassis looks good and sturdy. He reckons it will weigh just less than 500 kg when finished so it should have great performance. He's getting it SVA'd in a couple of weeks and says it will have cost him about 6k to get it on the road. Cheers,

Edward

Guest DanRyalls

Hi Peter, I actually now live in the Philippines so I was forced to sell the hood. I am looking for a project to ship over here which is why I need a kit which includesw EVERYTHING as parts over here arnt easy to source.

ideas?

As MNR make IMO one of the best performing sevens and build them for quite a lot of their customers I would try them first. They have very good customer service and are because they are always building several are likely to be able to put a kit in a box without leaving much out. Also look at westfield and caterham.

Nigel

Guest DanRyalls

must admit that after talking to Chris at MNR they are looking the favorite. Think I will go with the R1 engine and avoid having to dry sump. Question it to go with inboard suspension or not???????????

Hi Dan,

I wouldnt bother.

I'd imagine the handling benefits are pretty small anyway.

The 7 type diagonal spring is well tried & tested by now.

You could reduce the unsprung weight far more by using something like Raceleda

hubs instead of the Sierra ones. I know MNR can supply & fit these.

HTH Bob