Calling All Lightweighters And Interested Parties

Guest diyer

You are the so called expert so you sort it out :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bill, I have never once called myself an 'expert' and would not be so pompous to do so!!!!!!

I reiterate, i am only trying to think logically and trying to suggest a way forward for those people involved, in an open forum!

Simon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you are just the person to guide the others through the SVA hurdle then, you know what it takes so go

ahead! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well why on earth should it become a 2B, Exmo, S7 or whatever other owner except a bl00dy Lightweights battle?

Not from me :rolleyes: you can have all the attention you want

Well I suggest you are the man to do it

Remember the 2B is not in the slightest bit like your car

You are the so called expert so you sort it out :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now now Bill, if he's lucky enough to have a MAC he won't know why the others have failed. You sound a bit hostile. Do try to bear in mind what it says at the top of this page : RHOCAR COMMUNITY

Hmmm.... i am confused!

I do not think people are reading what i have said correctly.

I have never suggested that club funds should be used to support any plans or ideas, once again i am only suggested a meeting of minds!

Also Matt, I don't think i have been actually arguing at all!!! I thought i was talking common sense, and maybe reply to some sarcastic statements made.

Yes it is correct that i am only a community user, and have not paid subs. I have been considering for some time to formally join, but, under the present circumstances i do not feel it is justified, if my open, common sense, constructive and mature ideas are going to be misconstrued by some members.

The last thing i wanted when i started this thread was to upset anyone, i just thought it was appropriate to suggest a practical plan of moving forward for Lightweight builders.

Simon

Guest Battery Bill
and maybe reply to some sarcastic statements made.

Hmmm, thats helpful!!!!

Good at making them as well !

I have been considering for some time to formally join, but, under the present circumstances i do not feel it is justified, if my open, common sense, constructive and mature ideas are going to be misconstrued by some members.

God I feel sick :( :(

Bill,

Why did i make that remark about 'thats helpfull!!!' ????

Do i need to point people in the direction of the thread that it emerged from!!!!!????

This is getting off the point anyway.

Simon

i think we need a calm and caculated approch to the prob , ihave invested in excess of 8k in my light weight,

i am willing to extend that cost to ovoid having 600kg of scrap in my workshop . as far as i was concirned my kit was finnished , trimed and ready for sva ,i am willing to put some cash towards finding a solution . any one else interested????ps we are all hoodies at heart lets work together,

gdcheating@hotmail.co.uk

Guest Battery Bill

Graham

All thats required is a few pictures of the problem areas then you will get "good" suggestions on how to cure these problems.

There is always a fix to problems like this, it does not mean any of them are suddenly " Scrap value"

Do i need to point people in the direction of the thread that it emerged from!!!!!????

If you wish to do so :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

if my open, common sense, constructive and mature ideas are going to be misconstrued by some members.

Urgh I feel sick again

bill ithank you for your comments they are constructive , but i do think you should leave simon alone!! i met him at donnington and he is a nice bloke, i actualy asked if he could find out what the probs were and it looks like he has opened a can of worms .

please lets be constructive you have as much experiance with hoods as anyone and yours and other experianced builders help would be greatly appreiciated with this problem .

Guest Battery Bill

Graham

We are all here to help, its just we don't appreciate when you get people jumping down your throat when you don't give full and detailed answers to every question on the board :rolleyes:

i met him at donnington and he is a nice bloke

You are probably right but when you are behind a keyboard its easy not to be nice on occasions

Anyway, where are these pictures of the problem areas? :D

I posted a piture here showing the rear wishbone mountings as this seems to be a place requiring strengthing.

The square tubes are rivetted and smallish tapping bolts hold it in place. like others have suggested using bolts all the way through looks the best solution but how do you stop crushing the tube?

Guest Battery Bill

Colin

What happens to the two Box sections as you go inwards then, does it go right across the car or what ?

The Ally box section does look a bit flimsy especially as its sticking out quite a way from the body of the car

I dont know if its the picture or what but the nearest box section looks like it is a bit bowed because of the wishbone bolt.

My first impressions are perhaps a "Steel forward Chassis section" just to support the wishbones!

Guest warwick7735

E Hunt

Have you bonded all the panels too, the square box sections I would of thought were strong enough. The SVA wot are they worried about, what do they think will happen.

Warwick

I dont know if its the picture or what but the nearest box section looks like it is a bit bowed because of the wishbone bolt.

Bill, I think thats just the stengthening plate that goes between the two box sections.

Colin, I think your looking for problems that might not exist.

The main areas appear to be the seatbelt mounts, rollover bar mounts and the use of rivets near structual components.

For seatbelts mounts use box section down the tunnel and across the car at the seat back panel (the 2b had the same problem with internal mounts on the tunnel and required strenghtening with some angle iron bolted in. check bill and joeys site HERE

The roll over bar needs a plate underneath to prevent the mounting pulling through the ali. (bolt the plate don't rivet)

Structual components (including around suspension mounts)- require that rivets are replaced by nut and bolt with washers to spread the load where rivets could pull through.(remember to use nylock nuts)

It also might be a good idea to strengthen the driver/passenger area at the top side panels where to folds don't make a complete box section.

Hope this make sense.

Les