Le Mans 2007

Guest Andrew M

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Andrew M

Hello,

I have stayed at this campsite before (last time I went) there is a free bus that runs from the campsite to just up past the "Kart Nord" campsite it is worth taking as it is further then you think also I would suggest getting to the campsite early to try and get in the first field as the second field is VERY big and if you are right down the bottom then you have got about a 1 mile work to the enterence of the site.

There is not much shade on this site (why we ended up buying 12" diamater pool last time to sit in and drink beer).

Andy

Guest Ken Brough

Pretty sure there is a ban on pools , just like last year :( :( . If you have space take a gazzebo to cover your tent or buy one from Carefour. Might be a good idea to strap a bike to the back of your hood or see if you can hire one. Once you get to Thursday night travelling around the circuit in a car is a mare. Folding bikes on e bay for around £60 at present £100 in the summer. Does anyone know what water situation is on BJ?. Travelling light this year so will have to plan well. Are there any back up vehicles going this year? Anyone travelling from the North East around the Sunday?

Guest peter2b2002

i made a bike rack for my 2b for last years Le Mans, took my wifes mountain bike, a bit of a mistake as it was too small for me, easy to make i used 22mm copper pipe and soldered it together, it's held on with a couple of velcro straps, there is a picky on the thames valley site

pete2b

Guest Ken Brough

I know ,I am the GOOD LOOKING GEORDIE In the tent behind you last year. :D :p :D . I have made a rack which I carry the biggest holdall you have ever seen. Ideal for camping. I can fill it with the 6 man tent, 2 camping chairs, 2 bed rolls, 2 camping square stoves , 2 sleeping bags and a table.It leaves the boot for the important stuff. Fridge and BEER. :D

Guest carl leonard
Steady on now :p :p :p

Chris

Any chance of negotiating a different camp site? Why not get Dial Dave involved, after all he is a member of the ACO and may be in a position to pull some strings. I'll be travelling out with Mick Gilbert and don't look forward to walking 2 miles each day from the campsite to the circuit. :blink:

Regards

carl.

Guest chris brown
Chris

Any chance of negotiating a different camp site? Why not get Dial Dave involved, after all he is a member of the ACO and may be in a position to pull some strings. I'll be travelling out with Mick Gilbert and don't look forward to walking 2 miles each day from the campsite to the circuit. :blink:

Regards

carl.

Trying to get anyone in the ACO even to answer is about impossible and all I can get is "all camp sites are fully booked"

Swan Jnr (I think) was on the site last year and said it was ok and he enjoyed it and in any case some of us will be there early so should be able to get into the better area like Andrew Morgan suggests.

It would appear that requesting a particular site is a complete waist of time as I don’t think we have ever got where we asked to be put. BTW I requested Karting Nord this year with Blue as second choice.

Guest carl leonard
Trying to get anyone in the ACO even to answer is about impossible and all I can get is "all camp sites are fully booked"

Swan Jnr (I think) was on the site last year and said it was ok and he enjoyed it and in any case some of us will be there early so should be able to get into the better area like Andrew Morgan suggests.

It would appear that requesting a particular site is a complete waist of time as I don’t think we have ever got where we asked to be put. BTW I requested Karting Nord this year with Blue as second choice.

Thanks Chris

If I see Dial Dave I'll mention it to him.

Carl.

Guest Ken Brough

Looking to Travel down from Newcastle no later than Sunday 10th for a late Sunday night ferry or an early Monday morning ferry. At present only one hood. Anyone travelling same dates on our journey to Dover. May stop at a motel near to Dover on the Sunday night.

Guest chris brown

All those booked should have had mail from me to let you know that the tickets have been paid for and I have heard back from the ACO to this effect. They also state that "ALL CAMPSITE ARE FULL" this is in bold print on the receipt. So much for asking about a move.

There are still 2 or 3 places left (one still not sure) so if you want to go now is the time to book.

Chris

• 1 month later...
Guest chris brown

Due to a couple of people having to drop out for various reasons. We now have two camping tickets available so for those who still haven't made up there minds about going now is your chance.

All you need to do is book your ferry and drive down there for one of the best Hoodie weeks you could have.

Mail me with Address, phone no and email address.

BTW the cost of ticket is £35

Chris